IGNORED

Tomlin to start? [POLL]

Unan

Tomlin to start? [POLL]  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, The_Don said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Paterson start again, but then who knows with LJ bingo.

It is these type of decisions that make or break a manager and his relationship with both the players mentioned and the squad generally.

Its not Football Manager.

I jokingly said on Twitter that I'd pick Tomlin, if Pembo tells Paterson.

Seriously though I'd go with Paterson.  Possession (of the shirt) is 9/10ths of the law, and you'd have to think that he's done enough at Fleetwood to keep the shirt.  He obviously got the goal, but reports that his work rate and dropping in to support the wing backs was impressive.

Finally, it's against his old club, the club he notched the winner against earlier this season.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is these type of decisions that make or break a manager and his relationship with both the players mentioned and the squad generally.

Its not Football Manager.

I jokingly said on Twitter that I'd pick Tomlin, if Pembo tells Paterson.

Seriously though I'd go with Paterson.  Possession (of the shirt) is 9/10ths of the law, and you'd have to think that he's done enough at Fleetwood to keep the shirt.  He obviously got the goal, but reports that his work rate and dropping in to support the wing backs was impressive.

Finally, it's against his old club, the club he notched the winner against earlier this season.

Totally agree, I'd start with Paterson today, deserves to keep his place after Tuesday, he knows if he doesn't perform then there's a very good player waiting to take his place.

Gotta start Patterson for me. To not play him after a goal midweek, against his former club, would be really strange.

The club obviously saw something in him to buy him and I expect he'll be fired up for this game. To drop him would be a real kick in the groin and damage his confidence and morale no doubt. 

Hopefully Patterson to start as he did well against Fleetwood. Whether or not Tomlin has had a row with Lee Johnson, I dont think that would have any bearing on selection. I'm sure the player would be punished by the club in other ways, like fines etc. However you look at it, he is not exactly on fire at the moment. If that is because he does not fit the formation, or because he doesn't understand his role in the team then he can only fall back on his individual skill to play effectively, thus becoming a luxury player and not a cog in the team. What we dont need today is a luxury player. We need 11 players all able to play for the team and fighting for their lives. Lee Tomlin is the kind of player that you can start when you are on a long winning streak. At the moment he is best left for a 2nd half sub to give us some different options. I don't think there is any point in playing him from the outset if all he is going to do is get frustrated and leave us vulnerable with 10v11.

Archived