IGNORED

Dave & Busters

Southport Red

I've had two posts removed from here this morning and then get error messages when I try to post.  None of the removed messages were obscene or legally iffy, merely telling folks that Orr gined when I got the SMS and yet both have totally disappeared.  I know this isn't ctrictly City related and I should post on the other forum etc but THIS is the forum I'm having the problem with and I wanted to know if anyone else was haing trouble since the forum changed?

Tom F you've helped me twice thank you.

Firstly you explained where the posts went and then the link on your reply told me what Dave & Busters was. I was visiting family over the weekend and went to Cribbs Causeway & me & the missus were wondering what Dave & Busters was, then you reply to my email with a link that explains all. Now that IS spooky :whistle:

Happy days working there, great memories  :cool:

Will be a Hollywood Bowl opening in its place before christmas  :whistle:

The amount of things that place has been rumoured to be is phenomenol!

Last time I heard it was meant to be a children's activity area, incorporating a gym, learning zones and relaxation areas!

Nice, I've needed an excuse for the multiquote function  :whistle:

Yes its true: http://www.daveandbusters.org.uk/news/news2.php

It should be opening relatively soon, they've just got to tear out the £2m worth of funishings inside, refit some tacky furnishings i, stick some bowling lanes in and hey presto job done  :D

Its been rumoured in the past to be a Virgin Acive, Concorde's Home.. amongst a list of highly entertaing ideas. Anyone can stump up £18k a week on the rent and take on Bass's remaining 20 year licence on the building need only apply  :cool:

That article was written this time last year saying it is going to open christmas 2003. Reckon they've had a change of heart and it won't go ahead after all? Seems quite a fair bit behind schedule!

Nice, I've needed an excuse for the multiquote function  :whistle:

Yes its true: http://www.daveandbusters.org.uk/news/news2.php

It should be opening relatively soon, they've just got to tear out the £2m worth of funishings inside, refit some tacky furnishings i, stick some bowling lanes in and hey presto job done  :D

Its been rumoured in the past to be a Virgin Acive, Concorde's Home.. amongst a list of highly entertaing ideas. Anyone can stump up £18k a week on the rent and take on Bass's remaining 20 year licence on the building need only apply  :cool:

That was May 2003 though! I spoke to the person who wanted to change it into a childrens centre in July 2003!!

I wanted to know if anyone else was haing trouble since the forum changed?

My only problem with this forum is when I start to write my thoughts they seem coherent and sound, but by the time I read them back they have turned into complete tosh. :whistle:

From what I have read lately I don't think I am the only one.

Open from 30th July 1998 to October 20th 2000. Not very long at all really.

It closed partially due to lack of enough customers and too many constraints from the US company who allowed the franchise (such as no u-21's and so forth)

At the time Bass had an agreement that they would open 15 stores over the period of 20 years, so back then a 25 year lease fitted the plans. Bass then claimed that  it wasn't in there future plans to continue running the stores.

There is loads of info on the site about it, its a long long story, but most of us who worked there expected it, just not quite as quickly as it happened.

Anyway, better move this now..

Ah yeah T.Ford that must be you! :whistle:

Ah well that'll be cool bout time there was a bowling alley over that way. Maybe get some decent quality lanes in bristol at last!

Nice photo gallery too mate :cool:http://www.daveandbusters.org.uk/Gallery/G...es/image007.php

Wow, I didn't know people still remembered the good D&B days.

I was a part of the 'wait staff' for about six months.. I quite enjoyed the job, but rememeber not being too fond of the uniform. I still wish I kept mine as a souvenier!

Nice to hear they're doing something with that building seemed such a waste.. I saw the sign disappear a few weeks ago and thought something was up..

Great memorys going up in a crowded car to Cribbs, being a little cheesed off that we were going this far for a meal, we sat down and one of our friends said take a peek in there and gave me, my sister and my cousin £5 each. As i walked in i was like, :D. Was truelly brilliant, had such a good time there.

Had the fake photo done with Micheal 0wen and the kids at school belived it was real :dunno: Good stuff that was, shame it was closed.

Guest cheaphawaiians

aloha,

i just ran a search on dave and busters and i guess it took me to this message board. i'm currently working at the Dave and Busters in Honolulu, hawaii and if anyone is interested in talk about that or maybe talk to people from our island, this is our message board.

cheaphawaiians.com

Archived