IGNORED

Barnsley v Leeds

Slippin cider

1 hour ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Maybe because you are a similar sized club to us and this season have spent far less money on players. Jesus Christ, it was meant as a compliament. Why are so many of your fans so touchy and precious?

Compliment accepted - thanks. I didn't see anything wrong with the posts above. I saw them for what they were, compliments. After a pretty stressy week, and a shit defeat to Blackpool, it was a very welcome performance and result.

Unfortunately, I think it will be Conor Hourihane's last game for us, as I am reconciled to the fact that he will join Villa this week. He has even followed Villa's owner on Twitter, and vice versa! But he has been awesome for us and I wish him all the best if he does go.

We look light now on numbers and quality if he goes but you've got to think we will get over the line now, we only need another 3 wins! But I won't easy until we pass 50.

Starting to really feel for you guys now. Yes, I have made my thoughts known about LJ, but its getting to the point now where it feels like all the sport has gone from any attempts to do the guy down. It feels like kicking a puppy. But you have to get rid soon, its getting serious.

11 minutes ago, redsfan said:

Compliment accepted - thanks. I didn't see anything wrong with the posts above. I saw them for what they were, compliments. After a pretty stressy week, and a shit defeat to Blackpool, it was a very welcome performance and result.

Unfortunately, I think it will be Conor Hourihane's last game for us, as I am reconciled to the fact that he will join Villa this week. He has even followed Villa's owner on Twitter, and vice versa! But he has been awesome for us and I wish him all the best if he does go.

We look light now on numbers and quality if he goes but you've got to think we will get over the line now, we only need another 3 wins! But I won't easy until we pass 50.

Starting to really feel for you guys now. Yes, I have made my thoughts known about LJ, but its getting to the point now where it feels like all the sport has gone from any attempts to do the guy down. It feels like kicking a puppy. But you have to get rid soon, its getting serious.

Now the need to beat LJ down has gone, can I ask... how genuine were you guys being when saying that your turn around in results with LJ was down to the fans/luck? I assumed at least part of that was just having a swipe at him but I'm unfortunately having to concede that you were telling it how it was.

And if it was down to you guys, would you be interested in the role? At least until the end of the season.

15 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Now the need to beat LJ down has gone, can I ask... how genuine were you guys being when saying that your turn around in results with LJ was down to the fans/luck? I assumed at least part of that was just having a swipe at him but I'm unfortunately having to concede that you were telling it how it was.

And if it was down to you guys, would you be interested in the role? At least until the end of the season.

I don't believe it was down to the fans. But I do genuinely believe it wasn't down to LJ either. It is not a proven fact but is just the way it seemed to me and others.

LJ refused to stop timkering with unfathomable formations and refused to stop playing players out of position to suit whatever his formation was on any given day.

What changed things completely for us was the signing of Hammill. He wasn't signed because LJ had gone out and identified him as a target. He was signed because he was out of the game after being released by Huddersfield in the summer because he was not pulling up trees. So his agent apparently offered him on a plate to us, basically begging for a route back into the game at the one club where he had done very well previously. So he was signed, essentially on the nod of the owner, and LJ had a player in his squad who in normal circumstances was far better than bottom 4 of league 1. He had no choice but to accommodate him in the side and that meant a return to playing with some width and playing players in their accepted positions. We won 2 or 3 games, was starting to play with a smidgeon of confidence and then LJ buggered off. To not get sacked in the first place after a run of 8 defeats, to then survive the defeat at Altrincham, which was quite literally the worst performance I have EVER seen, and then to have a mini revival credited to you when the pieces fell into place with no great input from the man marks him in my book as the luckiest manager in the business. To then survive another 8 game losing streak within 12 months because another owner has fallen for "The Project" bullshit and the spreadsheets just marks him down in my book as a con man extraordinaire.

But thats just my opinion. I may be wrong. I hope I am for your sake cos it doesn't look like he is going anywhere. But I fear you will not reach the heights you perhaps should be doing with your budget whilst he is there. 

3 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

so what is the reasoning behind why you think you should be able to do it if we can? please explain

Because we are probably abut the same size clubs.

We were actually 5th in the division 15 games ago, then our manager decided to try and fix things that weren't even near broken. You know the rest.

I think they were more eluding to a bit of passion and fire in the belly - stuff money can't buy.  I know a few folk have had a beef with me on here but I didn't take the comments that way.  Whether we like it or not we (Barnsley) are a small fish in a bloody huge pond!  We are a selling club but have a bit of spirit.

Like I said a bit back I think Bristol City should be top 10.  I just think LJ is out of his depth in the championship - he was average for us and Oldham in league 1.  The difference I find in this league is we can play out of our skin and still lose. In league one you'd win 3-0!

Archived