IGNORED

Success?

Cap flinger

If we ever taste the success of reaching the Premier League it is going to taste so sweet for so many! 

I'm 25 years in and the torture and pain that I and fellow reds have suffered will only make it so much better if we ever get there.

Watching the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace Burnley, Swansea and Hull ( clubs that we have been competing with over the last decade ) all enjoying premiership football shows how we have failed to develop and grow as a club. The fundamentals at the club must be seriously flawed!

I'm just so sick of this right now and the club record 8 successive defeats is not helping.

4 minutes ago, Cap flinger said:

If we ever taste the success of reaching the Premier League it is going to taste so sweet for so many! 

I'm 25 years in and the torture and pain that I and fellow reds have suffered will only make it so much better if we ever get there.

Watching the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace Burnley, Swansea and Hull ( clubs that we have been competing with over the last decade ) all enjoying premiership football shows how we have failed to develop and grow as a club. The fundamentals at the club must be seriously flawed!

I'm just so sick of this right now and the club record 8 successive defeats is not helping.

Let's not confuse the club with the team. In many ways we have developed and grown as a club. We have a terrific newly redeveloped ground, we have upgraded the training facilities, and we are now seeing 20k-plus crowds almost routinely, despite poor performances on the pitch. Off the pitch the club is lightyears ahead of where it was just a few years ago - well ahead of some of the clubs you mention. The problem is we just don't seem to be able to match the progress on the pitch, despite no lack of investment. That is perhaps the most frustrating thing of all about this sorry spell.

Archived