IGNORED

Your favourite LJ quote?

Benjam!n Ultra

It really is the easiest stick in the world to pick on things a beaten man like LJ is saying, but listening back to Twentyman Talks Back out of morbid curiosity this morning (mainly to see the tone of the phone in) and accidentally left it playing too long and picked up LJ's interview, which largely was spin and nonsense as usual, but I was struck by this verbatim quote that basically planted huge amounts of innuendo about his players. Does this strike anyone as a leader of men?

"Players have to sometimes look at themselves. As an ex player myself when you're in a run of form like this you need to look at every one percent you can because only they know if they're putting an extra chocolate bar in their mouth or they're having a drink on a Saturday night, or they're... [hurried retraction] oh and I'm sure they're not because they're all decent lads [back to innuendo] BUT there is obviously something there we've got to do to tweak and to change, we've changed formation, we've changed personnel, we've brought three new players in who've done well ... [drifts off to talking about the Fleetwood result]"

That something Lee, is you. Stop planting all these public seeds about the inadequacy of the players, it's self-perpetuating for the morale of a team that has taken 3 points from 36. With leaders like you this run is not surprising. At least your father had the confidence to despatch his hand grenades in private and never sunk to the depths you have to continually hang out professional footballers in public in spite of your own inadequacies. If this really is a rebuilding project where everyone is young and learning and building TOGETHER, stop excusing your own mistakes while so explicitly signalling everyone elses. 

28 minutes ago, Olé said:

"Players have to sometimes look at themselves. As an ex player myself when you're in a run of form like this you need to look at every one percent you can because only they know if they're putting an extra chocolate bar in their mouth or they're having a drink on a Saturday night, or they're... [hurried retraction] oh and I'm sure they're not because they're all decent lads [back to innuendo] BUT there is obviously something there we've got to do to tweak and to change, we've changed formation, we've changed personnel, we've brought three new players in who've done well ... [drifts off to talking about the Fleetwood result]"

Hearing the the highlight part last night almost had me howling with a combination of rage and laugher.

He's had the job for a year, and most of the players for at least six months, working with these lads every single day; he must have the opportunity to speak to anyone of them at pretty much any moment.

Yet to say something so... petty is the word, and not expect to sound like an utter fool makes me question what on Earth situation he thinks we're in.

I'm not sure Gary O'Neil having an extra half pint, or Tammy maybe indulging in a sneaky Mars Bar after Monday training is what resulted in us having only one single shot on target away to a side also in bad form, and with just two clean sheets all season (now three, thanks to us).

I'd have had more time for him if he had just said "we were crap but we fail together and succeed together and how we sort it is our business" or similar, even if he then tore strips off them in private.

I'm usually keen to hear what he has to say, but no more; let him blow hot air on his own.

I work in sales and, as a consequence, have to sometimes spin sales figures and sales performances, and generally talk crap about 30% of the time.  Johnson is the master of spin and blabbering on about nothing whilst filling a lot of time.  

Recent interviews have seen him look stressed and withdrawn so he must be getting bored of it.  We aren't even creating chances to miss anymore so are getting worse.

There is literally nothing to hang your hat on with Lee.  No sign he knows what he's doing from one week to the next. 

I am now convinced we will go down if he stays.  

27 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Paraphrasing "I go into each game as if my daughters life depended on it" 

I've heard that one a few times. To be honest, I wasn't comfortable hearing that turn of phrase.. a bit inappropriate when talking about football (and it IS only football)

LJ trots out drivel shocker. 

He and Ashton have been doing for a while. But even Ashton has shut up in the face of this. Yesterday I finally stopped being angry and just chuckled my way through the game. 

After the obligatory 'one goal defeat' LJ eventually came on radio following a parade of people saying resign or be sacked.  

He sounded like a dead man talking. Trying to trot out his media babble but in essence saying two things. Players not putting it in (chocolate bars and beer). We will work hard to turn around the worst run of results in the clubs history. 

Even he knows how he sounds, he must. 

Please for the love of god if you are SLs mate just resign. Stop making him listen to this in the vein hope that this is just the course of things with Lee. We lose loads of games and then the players have an epiphany that LJ is in fact a footballing genius sent to guide us into Europe, the Messiah if you will!

He is in fact a very naughty boy! PLEASE JUST GO!

Generally every Johnson media address goes:

"we worked hard on the training ground.......have to tweek.........passion......I'm hurting......a bit more clever in the final third......only a goal.....fans were great......we'll get it right...thank you very much...."

fill in the gaps

Archived