IGNORED

Cheer up - supporting BCFC....a walk in the park

Mad Cyril

"The bad managers are here to remind us of the good ones we didnt pay enough attention to...."

So we may be struggling to roll off a list of City managers under the heading of 'Legends', but compared to fans of some clubs (especially Rovers) we have had it good. Honestly, we have. 

Who would you say have had it really bad and dream of our success?

I will start with Coventry City fans. The last time their team finished in the top 6 of any league......1970.

21 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

"The bad managers are here to remind us of the good ones we didnt pay enough attention to...."

So we may be struggling to roll off a list of City managers under the heading of 'Legends', but compared to fans of some clubs (especially Rovers) we have had it good. Honestly, we have. 

Who would you say have had it really bad and dream of our success?

I will start with Coventry City fans. The last time their team finished in the top 6 of any league......1970.

They won the fa cup though

55 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Oldham Athletic. 20 successive years in League 1, bottom half finishes for the last five or so.

I didn't know this, so looked it up. L1 since 97/98 season. So LJ not the only coach to do a "good job" there and keep them at that level. Some context there about the job Lee was doing at Oldham. 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Pompey. Forty years ago they were one of the top sides in the country and now struggling to get out of League 2 even with big crowds.

Sheffield United. How many years in League 1 now?

Blackpool. From Stanley Mathews to Owen Oyston - how?

1977-78- Pompey were in Div 3!

Archived