IGNORED

Lightening is striking twice?

Linkedarm wall

Tammy is playing the role of Akinbiyi = 20 goals a season........

Engvall is Soren Anderson........ foreign striker first year in Championship with no experience (Anderson played a lot more , granted)

Tomlin is Tony Thorpe...... small , talented scores goal, we don't seem to know what to do with him! Seem to remember '99/99 season having million pounds worth of strikers at our disposal and losing a lot, sound familiar?!

....got relegated that season i think, anyway have a good week everyone!

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It would be interesting to play that side with the current one - Both had weaknesses in similar areas, although the centre backs now are far better.

Surely not.

We had Clemens Zwijnenberg then!!!  :facepalm: 

:rofl2br:

Soren Anderson actually looked better than Akinbiyi, he was a full Danish international. He scored a fair few for us and reckon he would've scored more had Ward not been sacked, thereafter Benny persisted with Akinbiyi and Anderson didn't get much of a look in. Cannot compare Anderson to Engvall. Plus Thorpe was signed without Ward's approval whereas Tomlin was actively sought by our manager.

6 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Soren Anderson actually looked better than Akinbiyi, he was a full Danish international. He scored a fair few for us and reckon he would've scored more had Ward not been sacked, thereafter Benny persisted with Akinbiyi and Anderson didn't get much of a look in. Cannot compare Anderson to Engvall. Plus Thorpe was signed without Ward's approval whereas Tomlin was actively sought by our manager.

I remember the commentary when Anderson scored to on his debut which I think was against Oxford? “A bit of Danish sizzle! On a baking hot afternoon...“

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Was it his goal at Sunderland? 

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, I think we sort of knew what to do with Tony Thorpe, didn't he score over 50 goals in 120 odd games? I'd love Lee Tomlin to do that...

51 in 128

he scored exactly 50 in 120 at Luton! (In his first spell)

Wonder if he had a brother called Anthony Thorpe?

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, I think we sort of knew what to do with Tony Thorpe, didn't he score over 50 goals in 120 odd games? I'd love Lee Tomlin to do that...

.....and so would I! with regard to Thorpe think he only got a couple of goals in that relegation season and was in and out the team, did well in Div 3 

Archived