IGNORED

LJ Still Has My Support

richwwtk

Until the board make the decision to get rid, then LJ has my support as manager of Bristol City.

Despite the losing run, we are not getting stuffed and it just feels to me like one very small stroke of luck could well be all it takes to turn things around and get us moving up the table again.

A draw at Burnley on Saturday followed by two league wins (my personal prediction) and things could well look a whole lot better.

There will undoubtedly be a point at which he will be relieved of his duties if we keep losing, but when that point comes is not my decision and I am still confident in SL's decision making in this respect.

The people claiming that SL does not have the best interests of the club at heart and has no respect for the fans are just plain wrong.

I realise I'm an insane optimist, and am very much in a minority on here, but it's how I feel.

I cannot pretend I share your optimism but I will want the manager to do well until he is no longer the manager. I also agree that, whilst the board have made a huge call and one that I disagree with, it has nothing to do with them not respecting the fans or not wanting the best decision for the club.  I do not agree with them on this but I do respect the fact they want the club to succeed and that the club has made a lot of progress in other areas.  We just desperately, desperately, desperately need that to show on the pitch too. 

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Until the board make the decision to get rid, then LJ has my support as manager of Bristol City.

Despite the losing run, we are not getting stuffed and it just feels to me like one very small stroke of luck could well be all it takes to turn things around and get us moving up the table again.

A draw at Burnley on Saturday followed by two league wins (my personal prediction) and things could well look a whole lot better.

There will undoubtedly be a point at which he will be relieved of his duties if we keep losing, but when that point comes is not my decision and I am still confident in SL's decision making in this respect.

The people claiming that SL does not have the best interests of the club at heart and has no respect for the fans are just plain wrong.

I realise I'm an insane optimist, and am very much in a minority on here, but it's how I feel.

Fair play to you. Nothing wrong with what you believe in . I really thought we would get a result Saturday. But it was probably our worse performance from what I hear. I will continue to watch and support city . I won't be shouting expletives at Johnson or the board. Do I want him gone . Now unfortunately yes . If he stays which looks likely. I hope he wins every game and turns it around. But I just can't see it .

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fair play to you. Nothing wrong with what you believe in . I really thought we would get a result Saturday. But it was probably our worse performance from what I hear. I will continue to watch and support city . I won't be shouting expletives at Johnson or the board. Do I want him gone . Now unfortunately yes . If he stays which looks likely. I hope he wins every game and turns it around. But I just can't see it .

+1

The team will always have my support but Managers come and go and he has to go.

Lansdown is a complete fool when it comes to appointing Managers / Coaches and despite his millions and an improved stadium  (well it's pretty anyway) we have not progressed. 

Basket case club that will always be the same..

16 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

There is definition of insanity. Unfortunately you would seem to be confirming the diagnosis if you keep turning up at Ashton Gate expecting to see us win!

Look we would all love it if we went an amazing 8 game winning streak but the evidence of our own eyes suggests that even 1 win appears beyond us at the moment. The only chance of us recording a win any time soon is if Trump's Press Secretary starts providing "alternative" football results as well as "alternative facts"!

Just now, Dr Balls said:

There is definition of insanity. Unfortunately you would seem to be confirming the diagnosis if you keep turning up at Ashton Gate expecting to see us win!

Look we would all love it if we went an amazing 8 game winning streak but the evidence of our own eyes suggests that even 1 win appears beyond us at the moment. The only chance of us recording a win any time soon is if Trump's Press Secretary starts providing "alternative" football results as well as "alternative facts"!

I very rarely turn up expecting us to win. I always turn up hoping for a win. There is a huge difference :P

16 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I admire your attitude, even if I don't agree. 

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I very rarely turn up expecting us to win. I always turn up hoping for a win. There is a huge difference :P

In which case it's not insanity, it's just blind optimism. Hope triumphing over experience!

I come for the chance to meet friends although tbh I could save myself the trouble of going to the match and just go to the pub afterwards instead. I wouldn't be missing much other than disappointment, anger & frustration...

19 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I do admire your optimism, but at what point do you just have to hold your hands up and say enough is enough

I liked the fella as a player and as a bloke. Always seemed a decent fella, and was on a hiding to nothing playing for his father. He was given dogs abuse by some as a player but never behaved in anything other than a dignified manner. I really wanted his tenure at City as Head Coach to be the opportunity for him to win over the doubters and usher in an era of success and progress. It simply hasn't worked. I won't abuse the man. He clearly has  put a lot of thought, effort and passion into managing the club he describes as his 'dream club', but he's obviously fallen some distance short of the success required. On that basis I believe he has to go. And though I was no Cotterill acolyte, his first league title in 50+ years and  EFL Trophy double earned him some time. I'm afraid LJ doesn't even have that credit on his meter. I respect those who still support him. I just think cannot see him turning this around.

To be honest I'm so peed off with it all, i wouldn't be upset to see all the management, back room staff, all the board room and the owner go. It just seems we have been here before and for all the talk about learning from mistakes the same mistakes are being made. I think it might be time i had a break from this club, because it looks pretty obvious we are drifting apart.

11 minutes ago, 42nite said:

LJ Still Has My Support

Well, if I were you I'd ask him to return it sharpish!

but wash it first! 

31 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

My thoughts exactly, as posted elsewhere. We are not alone.

I am sure Lee is a smashing chap who really wanted to succeed at BCFC. Unfortunately he has led the team to a record number of defeats and surely needs to fall on his sword and resign; financially irresponsible for him to do so, therefore it will not happen.

Which brings me onto my main point, that although he is very fond of City, he has probably never paid to watch them play, never bought club merchandise, never paid to travel to an away ground and has earnt not insubstantial amount of money whilst serving the club. Please do not tell me he is one of us, he is paid handsomely to entertain us and provide the chairman with success; I am not sure what that would be.

i do not want him to stay,he has had a longer stay of execution than most in his predicament. Sorry OP

Just now, phantom said:

Fair play to those still supporting him.

Personally I'll always support the team that's on the pitch as I've done for the past 30 years, but LJ is badly out of his depth at the moment, and nothing points to anything other than relegation 

This.

Sadly there are no signs at all that he will turn it round, the only losing by one goal mantra means absolutely nothing and I genuinely believe that today's (non) decision virtually guarantees a return to League One.

It also shows that the reality is it doesn't really matter how many games you lose under SL but who you are, as no way was Cotterill ever shown this sort of leniency.

I was speaking separately to 2 diehards today, who go to every single game, (neither post on here) but both are adamant that Saturday was about as bad as it gets and that we will be relegated without a change very soon.

Personally I would even take being hammered at Burnley if it meant we got the change we need, because let's face it, although we can't afford to surrender any league points, we aren't going to win the FA cup but on today's evidence it wouldn't matter because despite being totally out of his depth and clueless LJ is fireproof no matter how abysmally that we do under him.

Utterly depressing.

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Fair play to those still supporting him.

Personally I'll always support the team that's on the pitch as I've done for the past 30 years, but LJ is badly out of his depth at the moment, and nothing points to anything other than relegation 

we  have been there before and we will be there again.

9 minutes ago, Andy Horsman said:

I liked the fella as a player and as a bloke. Always seemed a decent fella, and was on a hiding to nothing playing for his father. He was given dogs abuse by some as a player but never behaved in anything other than a dignified manner. I really wanted his tenure at City as Head Coach to be the opportunity for him to win over the doubters and usher in an era of success and progress. It simply hasn't worked. I won't abuse the man. He clearly has  put a lot of thought, effort and passion into managing the club he describes as his 'dream club', but he's obviously fallen some distance short of the success required. On that basis I believe he has to go. And though I was no Cotterill acolyte, his first league title in 50+ years and  EFL Trophy double earned him some time. I'm afraid LJ does even have that credit on his meter. I respect those who still support him. I just think cannot see him turning this around.

Thank you for typing my exact thoughts. Saved me the bother!

Archived