IGNORED

Has Lansdown lost the desire for change?

The Hustler

7 hours ago, The Hustler said:

Deep down I think Lansdown knows he should relieve Lee Johnson of his duties. He is not stupid, and after all, his past record indicates he is not afraid to sack the manager when things have become untenable.

Maybe, just maybe, in this instance however, he has now thought to himself, I can’t go through this again. I can’t face having to go down the process of firing and then recruiting another manager for whom I will likely get slaughtered in 12 months time whatever. Why bother putting MYSELF through it?

Perhaps Lansdown is taking the easy option this time. Perhaps, he just doesn’t care as much anymore? He has [bought] his legacy with the stadium and also in the stand named after him – that won’t be taken away no matter.

Ultimately, whilst it might annoy him if City do go down, it doesn’t change a great deal for HIM personally. He still has his enormous wealth and his house in Guernsey away from the spotlight in Bristol. He knows that fans will still blindly support the club if we go down – time is a great healer after all?

Has Lansdown lost the desire for change? Has he now lost the stomach for a ‘fight’ and is instead opting for the much easier ‘flight’?

Maybe, just maybe, in this instance however, he has now thought to himself, I can’t go through this again. I've sacked managers in the past and it hasn't made any difference in the long term. Perhaps now I'll stick with what I have and maybe, just maybe, my faith will be rewarded.

:dunno:

41 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

If that is the case, then we were being lied to, as I distinctly recall Mr Ashton referring to the surprising quality of applicants for the position.

All just rumour of course but I heard from several people that this primarily referred to Jimmy Floyd Haisselbaink, who had not long become manager of QPR but was said to have registered his interest in joining us.

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Lansdown is the guardian of our club but I thought Mark Ashton was supposed to be the guy running it ? 

He should let the bloke do his job.

Absolutely Maj - Chief Operating Officer really says it all as Ashton's job title...let him get on with it is right, he has an impressive CV and knows what he's doing...

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

All just rumour of course but I heard from several people that this primarily referred to Jimmy Floyd Haisselbaink, who had not long become manager of QPR but was said to have registered his interest in joining us.

Wouldnt say Haisselbaink would account as 'quality' interest but there you go.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

God I would have enjoyed that. What a way to shatter the complete and utter myth that QPR are in any way a 'big club' as we nick their manager that's been there 5 minutes.

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

Wouldnt say Haisselbaink would account as 'quality' interest but there you go.

To be fair to Mark Ashton JFH was managing a club who were above us in the league at the time..

It was never likely to be a really big name, was it?

Archived