IGNORED

What's the difference between happy-clappers and CTID?

Jerseybean

There have been lots of references recently to 'happy-clappers', although I've not seen any definition, the term generally appears to be used as a derogatory one to describe posters/supporters whose support is both unconditional and unswayed by whatever the current crisis might happen to be.

Many use the abbrevation CTID to indicate their life-long commitment to the City. However, this term is generally used more as of a badge of honour.

Look forward to hearing anything which will further my understanding of the difference between the two.

Commitment v rose tinted ain't it. Think of it like a child, its hard to imagine what they'd have to do to stop loving them; but sometimes you still think they're a little bastard.  If baby x isn't ever a bastard you're a happy clapper

32 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Commitment v rose tinted ain't it. Think of it like a child, its hard to imagine what they'd have to do to stop loving them; but sometimes you still think they're a little bastard.  If baby x isn't ever a bastard you're a happy clapper

can'tlike this twice but yep and baby ex is

The term 'Happy Clapper' is used as a derogatory response to anyone on here who posts a constructive, counter argument or disagrees with the posters comment - usually where the original poster can't argue with said constructive response and can only muster 'Happy Clapper' to suggest you are absolutely blind to what's going on around here unless you agree with the Otib hysteria to sack anything that moves.

CTID is like a written Tattoo that every now again you must write at the bottom of your post to reassure any readers that you're in this for the long run - possibly until you die!

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

The club is a thing in itself and the only club I'll ever support. 

To my mind it's not the same as the chairman or manager.

I would just post THIS

you choose your club as a youngster if you are not fickle or have six fingers you remain true.

4 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

There have been lots of references recently to 'happy-clappers', although I've not seen any definition, the term generally appears to be used as a derogatory one to describe posters/supporters whose support is both unconditional and unswayed by whatever the current crisis might happen to be.

Many use the abbrevation CTID to indicate their life-long commitment to the City. However, this term is generally used more as of a badge of honour.

Look forward to hearing anything which will further my understanding of the difference between the two.

Tis but a difference of opinion,  me babber. 

I am in the (probable) majority who want Johnson out. But until the last match I was prepared to cut him some slack - so maybe I was at that stage a "happy clapper" for some. Some fans lost patience earlier; some fans never wanted him. Even more fans - at least on Otib - were chuffed to bits with the man until October but now claim they knew "he was wrong all along".

If you're sticking with Johnson I think you're living on a wing and a prayer. I think the evidence stacks up that there is not going to be some huge revival of fortunes. 

But it's your opinion and I respect your right to hold it, even though I disagree. 

Far too many insults being slung around Otib at present for my liking. 

There is no rose tints in my glasses. I can see like everyone else that things are terrible right now. I refuse to believe that the same guy who got out of the same position last year has become such a bad manager that he can't do it again.

Evidence shows that the most successful managers in our history have been those given time when they have struggled.

You can't laugh at the chairmen who change horses in midstream every time things go wrong  and then criticise ours for doing the opposite.

11 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Happy clappers. Lazy words from folks who just can't accept that people have a different point of view.

CTID

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There is no rose tints in my glasses. I can see like everyone else that things are terrible right now. I refuse to believe that the same guy who got out of the same position last year has become such a bad manager that he can't do it again.

Evidence shows that the most successful managers in our history have been those given time when they have struggled.

You can't laugh at the chairmen who change horses in midstream every time things go wrong  and then criticise ours for doing the opposite.

I agree with the sentiment about not changing managers and the thirteen year tenure of Alan Dicks in his first managerial job also starting in his early thirties is possibly the parallel that you're seeing.

I do not however see any evidence of ability, it may be there of course, but we're not seeing it. Pemberton IMO gets the credit for last season with LJ having the sense to continue in the same vein. That to me makes him a sensible manager, not necessarily a good one.

This season we lost Kodjia, which was a big blow, but we got Tammy Abraham without whose goals we would be stone bottom.  We have also spent several millions bringing in new players in both transfer windows.  On paper we should be thinking about possible promotion not relegation.

I accept that good managers have bad spells and need to be backed through them; I have not however seen the evidence that LJ is a good manager.

Your kids can drive you up the wall, making you want to see them less often because it causes you pain but you still love them. 

That's CTID 

Your kid is a drug dealer  but will turn out to be a super member of society , the little rascal .

That's Happy Clapping.

Everything is wonderful and in City we trust absolutely.

20 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Thanks everyone for helping to explain the differences/similarities between these two kinds of supporters/posters.

Inevitably, perhaps, it went for a wander and off-topic at one point but I still enjoyed the responses, humour and clarification.

In summary, seems like one (HC) might wear rose-tinted glasses / be blind and if a child could do no wrong. The other (CTID) it appears might often be a term which is abused and can at times be a kind of shorthand /cop-out for suggesting my commitment is life-long or I know better than you, so I must be right.

So, I conclude that those who are labelled as happy-clappers or CTID have a deep, genuine and lasting support for BCFC come what may, which certainly works for me.

On 24/01/2017 at 20:09, Jerseybean said:

Age and experience.

23 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I agree with the sentiment about not changing managers and the thirteen year tenure of Alan Dicks in his first managerial job also starting in his early thirties is possibly the parallel that you're seeing.

I do not however see any evidence of ability, it may be there of course, but we're not seeing it. Pemberton IMO gets the credit for last season with LJ having the sense to continue in the same vein. That to me makes him a sensible manager, not necessarily a good one.

This season we lost Kodjia, which was a big blow, but we got Tammy Abraham without whose goals we would be stone bottom.  We have also spent several millions bringing in new players in both transfer windows.  On paper we should be thinking about possible promotion not relegation.

I accept that good managers have bad spells and need to be backed through them; I have not however seen the evidence that LJ is a good manager.

I actually think LJ is a good manager. However, what I don't think he is is a tactical mastermind.

Obviously our problem now is low confidence, a losing habit and a lack of belief but I think the major issue that started us on our losing run in the first place was LJ trying to be a tactical mastermind and outsmart the opposition.

it worked brilliantly when he made changes at half time against Fulham in the league cup and completely turned things around and I was really impressed with the tactical plan at the same ground three days later in the league but then he started faffing about too much with the line-up and trying to out-think rival managers every single game and primarily seems to have succeeded in confusing the players and frustrating people with the occasionally random nature of the line-up.

Hence poor results and a lack of form and suddenly it is incredibly hard to turn it round.

i actually think what we have seen from Johnson's reign is 8 months that show us he is a good manager and another 4 months that show he nonetheless is not as good a manager as he thinks he is. And now I don't think he will struggle to turn things round as a result of a situation that, to my mind, is primarily of his creation.

Archived