IGNORED

Matty Taylor

CB1964

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

With a view that stretches beyond this dismal season, surely we should be making an effort to buy him, his record is excellent and we need to replace Tammy at the end of the season.

Replace Tammy Abraham with Matty Taylor...?! 

:clap::clapping::clapping:

Good one! 

10 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

With a view that stretches beyond this dismal season, surely we should be making an effort to buy him, his record is excellent and we need to replace Tammy at the end of the season.

Hi SL!

I truly despair, we have no ambition at all do we?

It never ceases to amaze me that people dismiss prospective players and managers because of their personality or association with certain clubs even though they may well be better than what we have and would probably improve the team.........and I'm not just talking about Matty Taylor 

17 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He joined us from Notts County not the blue few and for a lucrative four year contract I'd say 14 league goals was pretty rubbish. 

He was the battering ram and very good at it .

If I recall correctly many of his goals were important ones , including a brace I believe against the Gas ( one of ours now ! )

16 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Replace Tammy Abraham with Matty Taylor...?! 

:clap::clapping::clapping:

Good one! 

Replace is a bad word, however he'd still do a job IMHO.

Many on here dismissed Lambert as a fat gas tit with no great talent, he however went on to far greater things than any of our players, maybe he could do the same? I'd leave it to the experts to see if he's "worthy" (not that anyone on this forum, or our head coach is) as he's sure to come to AG and get a hatful.

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

Hi SL!

I truly despair, we have no ambition at all do we?

I despair too, why oh why do people think they have a crystal ball and can predict the future, it's madness to right off a player at any level!

Many on here dismissed Lambert as a fat gas tit with no great talent, he however went on to far greater things than any of our players, maybe he could do the same?

Personally I'd leave it to the experts to see if he's "worthy" (not that anyone on this forum, or our head coach is) as he's sure to come to AG and get a hatful against us in the future.

Its a shame no one saw Bolasies talent whikst he was here or Dennis Smith didn't see past the crappy half a million we got for him and put in a hefty sell on clause into his transfer.

For £300k IMHO he'd be a bargain!

41 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I despair too, why oh why do people think they have a crystal ball and can predict the future, it's madness to right off a player at any level!

Many on here dismissed Lambert as a fat gas tit with no great talent, he however went on to far greater things than any of our players, maybe he could do the same?

Personally I'd leave it to the experts to see if he's "worthy" (not that anyone on this forum, or our head coach is) as he's sure to come to AG and get a hatful against us in the future.

Its a shame no one saw Bolasies talent whikst he was here or Dennis Smith didn't see past the crappy half a million we got for him and put in a hefty sell on clause into his transfer.

For £300k IMHO he'd be a bargain!

As I said in my earlier post, for £300k I'm surprised there aren't a queue of clubs willing to "take a punt". 

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

It never ceases to amaze me that people dismiss prospective players and managers because of their personality or association with certain clubs even though they may well be better than what we have and would probably improve the team.........and I'm not just talking about Matty Taylor 

I just hope and pray you are not referring to Holloway.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He was the battering ram and very good at it .

If I recall correctly many of his goals were important ones , including a brace I believe against the Gas ( one of ours now ! )

You don't recall correctly, as he only ever scored one goal against the gas.

Maybe you are remembering the brace he got against us for them?

I remember a slow, unfit player on huge wages who often went through the motions and had a pitiful scoring record.

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

If he hits the net for the City he can be whatever he wants in 'ees spare time.....

Yup, which was my point really.

I don't give a monkey's if he is from a different planet, gay, straight or nearly anything else for that matter including being Gas. The punt and c*** thing was me just being a bit childish even though I'm nearly 50!

22 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Must be a reason why no one other than Oxford offered a deal in the summer and no one will part with 300k for him, seems a steal with his record

Maybe the reason is that the 300k is bull? For his goal record someone would have took that up if it was true. I don't think DC would come out and say we don't have to sell Matty if it happened to be that he could be took away from us for a petty 300k.

Archived