IGNORED

Liverpool v Southampton

Maesknoll Red

For all Liverpool's possession they haven't created enough clear cut chances, i hope they score because i want extra time.

Nathan Redmond has really impressed me, looks dangerous going forward and does a lot of defensive work, he's putting in a real shift.

5 minutes ago, yardy said:

Southampton deserved that, very well organised performance.

How bad was Sturridge! He certainly has the ability to do some magic but more often than not he is woeful 

Has skill, but little to no awareness of when he's about to get challenged.  How often does he get muscled off the ball too easily, or defender puts a leg in and nips it away.  Shocking basics from him.  Doesn't even look quick.  The most frustrating player I've seen at LFC for a long time.

I would sell him.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Has skill, but little to no awareness of when he's about to get challenged.  How often does he get muscled off the ball too easily, or defender puts a leg in and nips it away.  Shocking basics from him.  Doesn't even look quick.  The most frustrating player I've seen at LFC for a long time.

I would sell him.

He always seems to want more time on the ball than he's got, spanish football would suit him.

All my Liverpool supporting mates want him gone and i am sure Klopp must be seriously frustrated with him, that chance he missed in the 2nd half when 4 yards out and managed to sky his shot high over the crossbar was shocking.

16 minutes ago, yardy said:

Southampton deserved that, very well organised performance.

How bad was Sturridge! He certainly has the ability to do some magic but more often than not he is woeful 

For me that was a normal game for him

Does something amazing 1 in 20 games Nothing inbetween

One of the most over rated players out there

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

For me that was a normal game for him

Does something amazing 1 in 20 games Nothing inbetween

One of the most over rated players out there

Agree with that.

He frustrates me because he could be world class, he just doesn't seem to have the right mentality to be a top and consistent striker, always looks to laid back and casual.

In his own mind he must think he is Messi, in reality he's more Bas Savage!

3 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Meh. Lose lose situation really. Many arrogant Saints fans where I live, sick of their smugness as much as the glory Liverpool fans.

Yes , I lived down there when we were in the top flight, the last season we got relegated we played them at the Dell, and lost 5-2, or 3, anyway their lack of respect for opposing teams is well known, and their arrogance has to be seen to be believed. A club that 's  won nothing, a complete soulless outfit that always comes up short, perhaps then this might be glory they crave in a cup competition that no one cares about....and don't get me started on Bornmuff.

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yes , I lived down there when we were in the top flight, the last season we got relegated we played them at the Dell, and lost 5-2, or 3, anyway their lack of respect for opposing teams is well known, and their arrogance has to be seen to be believed. A club that 's  won nothing, a complete soulless outfit that always comes up short, perhaps then this might be glory they crave in a cup competition that no one cares about....and don't get me started on Bornmuff.

Glad to hear I am not the only one who has experienced random gloating from their fans then. Bit odd really as always liked the club, met a few of them and found out what an obnoxious bunch they are, cant talk footy with them. Play up Pompey I say

4 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Glad to hear I am not the only one who has experienced random gloating from their fans then. Bit odd really as always liked the club, met a few of them and found out what an obnoxious bunch they are, cant talk footy with them. Play up Pompey I say

Used to go and watch Pompey a lot, proper club and good fans. The Saints were arrogant, and seemed to have zero knowledge regarding football tradition. They are up there with Palace as far as my most disliked clubs. 

Unfortunately it seems like City every opposition seems to now know how to play against Liverpool now and as much as I like klopp he seems not to have a plan B... 

They miss mane and like eluded to above sturridge could be world class but just don't work hard enough...

16 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Ummmm know your history mucker.

They (alongside Ipswich) lent a v real helping hand in 82, v unlike some of our close neighbours..

• Admin
9 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

Ummmm know your history mucker.

They (alongside Ipswich) lent a v real helping hand in 82, v unlike some of our close neighbours..

Very true, a big and very important part of our history that many don't know about 

Archived