IGNORED

Zak Vyner

Savino

4 hours ago, Savino said:

I see that the BP is reporting that Zak is likely to start at Burnley.

So we play the kid against a top Brighton side last year and watch him suffer, send him out on loan to gain experience and confidence, recall him and throw him in away to a Prem team with a great home record...... completely brainless!

I just hope it's a false rumour.

I couldn't give a toss of spunk as to who's playing as long as they play well. To be honest I couldn't care about the cup what with our league position.

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's a CB. They aren't made for speed. However while we have Wilbs and Tommo in the team I don't think he (or Hordur or Flinty) are ever going to be the slowest.

Wilbs can shift when he needs to.

He left one of the Villa defenders for dead earlier in the season.

5 hours ago, Savino said:

So we play the kid against a top Brighton side last year and watch him suffer, send him out on loan to gain experience and confidence, recall him and throw him in away to a Prem team with a great home record...... completely brainless!

Why ? Both right backs are injured and it's a cup game . 

5 hours ago, Savino said:

In the run of things this match is not so important, league is our bread and butter, so it would be good to blood him against quality opposition, in fact I would like to see some more youngsters put in too, why not?

6 hours ago, solihull cider red said:

He played against West Ham for Accrington earlier in the season, it's a cup game anyway - they'll make changes themselves 

I'm all for him playing and can only see long term benefits.

I don't think Burnley will make many changes, if any if they are all fit. I think they are pretty safe from relegation so why not have a good bash at winning the FA Cup!

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Massive difference here. Last season he was plunged in at the deep end, did well but only three days later was asked to do a one on one job against Knockaert, when knackered from the exertions of his first game of men's football no doubt, who subsequently destroyed him.

This season he has gone on loan, played plenty of games and will be up and ready for Burnley if selected.

Absolutely spot on about having to play two games in a short period, especially when the second was Brighton....think it was Murphy rather than Knockaert. 

Could be a similar situation with Burnley followed by Wednesday, but you'd hope he'd built a bit of 'stamina' having played most games for Stanley.

would like to see Vyner start tomorrow  at RB to see how he  is as a RB. Though I  have a feeling LJ won't actually tinker with the formation , not that you can predict LJ constant changes.  If he did kee the same 3-4-3/3-5-2 it just depends if he plays Bailey-wright at RWB and then Vyner as RCB or the more likely Brownhill in at RWB and the the rest the same. 

5 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

would like to see Vyner start tomorrow  at RB to see how he  is as a RB. Though I  have a feeling LJ won't actually tinker with the formation , not that you can predict LJ constant changes.  If he did kee the same 3-4-3/3-5-2 it just depends if he plays Bailey-wright at RWB and then Vyner as RCB or the more likely Brownhill in at RWB and the the rest the same. 

Wright at RWB :blink:

Personally i'd like us to go back to 4 at the back but i think LJ is thinking 352 will help shore things up plus getting 2 strikers on the pitch. Good chance for Zak tomorrow though as Little and Mathews not fit yet.

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Wright at RWB :blink:

Personally i'd like us to go back to 4 at the back but i think LJ is thinking 352 will help shore things up plus getting 2 strikers on the pitch. Good chance for Zak tomorrow though as Little and Mathews not fit yet.

yes okay now that you say it , I'm sure it won't happen as I suppose he is a similar mould of Flint ball winning centre back, just used to the days of Louis carey being able to play both RB and CB then again wing back is a completely different position to RB.

1 minute ago, miketh2nd said:

yes okay now that you say it , I'm sure it won't happen as I suppose he is a similar mould of Flint ball winning centre back, just used to the days of Louis carey being able to play both RB and CB then again wing back is a completely different position to RB.

I don't think he was undervalued but what would we give for Louis in his prime again.

Archived