IGNORED

4 4 2 line up for burnley

cityred exile

In view of the 2 hugely important matches next week      I Reckon the  following   4 4 2 line up will take the field ,  GIEFER ,  VYNER  FLINT  MAGNUSSON  GOLBOURNE       PATERSON  PACK REID O,DOWDA     ENGVALL  WILBRAHAM            if iam correct  with this line up ,   Reckon only 3  would keep there places in the next 2 crucial games

I'd like to see us go back to a back 4, because I don't think we have two firing wingbacks.  I could understand us being a bit lop-sided if Joe was flying, but he isn't, so back 4.  I'd like LJ to make big decision on who of the 3 (Flint, Wright, Magnússon) to leave out, should he not play either Wright at RB or Magnússon at LB.

I wouldn't want us going back 4 Saturday, then back to a back 3 on Tuesday either.

Having had a full week break, what is to stop us picking our best eleven (barring injuries) on Saturday, Tuesday and Saturday, as we have another full week off after that.  The players can play three games in a week, esoecially if you have a week either side, it's the build up of Sat, Tues, Sat, Tues etc that causes problems.

I don't think we can afford to play any game at less than 9 or 10 of our best players.  Should a player be struggling on Tuesday (after Burnley), rest him, recover him and make sure he's ready for Rotherham, because someone else might be struggling or injured by then.

I think you can over complicate the rotation....we aren't in a position to waste any game that might build confidence for the next.

4 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Johnson signed out and out wingers at Barnsley to play 4-4-2 though. Hammill, Isgrove and even Brownhill could cover there (albeit not strictly a winger like the other two).

We have one "out and out" winger here (O'Dowda), we need more otherwise this system just won't work.

How can you include Brownhill for them but not for us..? 

Apart from the fact that he's notva winger..! 

Patterson is a winger, Bryan could play LW in front of SG. 

I agree that we've not got 2 all out wingers, but haven't really got 2 all out wing backs for a 3-5-2 of Saturday either, so it more likely to be a Diamond midfield, I'd think. 

Archived