IGNORED

Train Sickness Policy

Markman

Ok - so Trains have special First Class Coaches, I think they have Business Class and they have Quiet Coaches as well. Having made a couple of long journeys recently surely I propose they should have a "Sick Coach"?

In here can go all the people travelling that are coughing and sneezing and blowing their noses rather than inflicting their lergy on everyone else in the Healthy Coach. You would not need to book (unless you know you have a bug when travelling) but you will be allowed to upgrade to the Sick Coach on the day if the sniffles and coughs come. Equally Passengers can ask for people to be moved to the sick coach if they have not elected to use it and are coughing and sneezing in another coach. This is really for "colds" - nothing else although sickness bugs should really apply.

To be fair I propose this would be a free service and no additional charge applied to use the Sick Coach. Going forward we may even be able to place a Dr on the Coach and ease the pressure on our local Surgeries and Hospitals? 

This is only an embryonic proposal for Policy and it could extend to Buses, Planes etc etc - but start with Trains (maybe a big RED cross on the coach to make it clear)?

Is there a seconder out there?

• Admin

As a regular train commuter, I applaud your suggestion and would also like to suggest a coach reserved for those eating smelly food and anything out of rustling packets, i.e crisp etc.  The ticket inspectors should also be able to carry out an odour check, there should be a compartment with open slats in that those who fail the 'nose test' have to travel.

Brats, there should be pens in the belly panels of coaches that children can be put in, maybe one strike and your out, if they are impeccably behaved they get to stay in the carriage, one indiscretion and whoosh, down the shoot to the belly pan pen.  

Any more ideas welcome and we'll try and get them put in as franchise agreements.

I wonder if for the smelly rustling food we just have a total ban? Do they merit their own Coach?

(Just as an aside I was off to Londinium with work - they could not say what time I would finish and said you will need an open Day Return - £240 - yes £240 (not First Class))!!!!!!

Anti Bac wet wipe & hand gel dispensers for all public transport would be a good start (same for public toilets with bins OUTSIDE the door for used wet wipes so you can leave the facilities without re infecting your hands on the door handles after washing them)  ... For buses, trains and planes free basic disposable face masks should be available for people with coughs, sneezes, etc etc...

Once these things become 'the norm' public hygiene would naturally enter the general consciousness of the population much more - saving so much unnecessary  suffering for thousands of infected fellow travellers and saving the economy untold millions due to 'sickies'.

Above measures should apply in schools too.

• Admin
3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Anti Bac wet wipe & hand gel dispensers for all public transport would be a good start (same for public toilets with bins OUTSIDE the door for used wet wipes so you can leave the facilities without re infecting your hands on the door handles after washing them)  ... For buses, trains and planes free basic disposable face masks should be available for people with coughs, sneezes, etc etc...

Once these things become 'the norm' public hygiene would naturally enter the general consciousness of the population much more - saving so much unnecessary  suffering for thousands of infected fellow travellers and saving the economy untold millions due to 'sickies'.

Above measures should apply in schools too.

Travelling public can't be trusted not to put wet wipes down the bog, that why train toilets have roller towels.  I can just imagine putting gels on the trains on some lines, the Greenford springs to mind, they'd be drinking the gel hoping it was alcohol.

9 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

As a regular train commuter, I applaud your suggestion and would also like to suggest a coach reserved for those eating smelly food and anything out of rustling packets, i.e crisp etc.  The ticket inspectors should also be able to carry out an odour check, there should be a compartment with open slats in that those who fail the 'nose test' have to travel.

Brats, there should be pens in the belly panels of coaches that children can be put in, maybe one strike and your out, if they are impeccably behaved they get to stay in the carriage, one indiscretion and whoosh, down the shoot to the belly pan pen.  

Any more ideas welcome and we'll try and get them put in as franchise agreements.

That made me laugh. :clapping:

My child is reasonably well behaved on transport apart from the fact that he regularly asks a hundred questions such as 'how many wheels does a double decker have?' or 'how are all the train carriages attached to each other?'

So even though he is not an escape artist/runaway/screamer, can he still be put in the belly pan pen for being annoying?

Btw, hate those parents who let their kids run wild with no interest in controlling them as they like 'little Tarquin to express himself.' Those parents need a slap.

Slight thread creep, but on the subject of sickness ..............

Your dog takes a crap: you have to pick it up.

Does the same apply if your dog chucks-up on the pavement.

How the **** do you pick THAT up?

What are you supposed to do? Carry a pressure washer around with you?

tfj

Archived