IGNORED

Am I dreaming?

brizzlelou

I feel like I'm stuck in a alternate reality where failure is seen as a reason to keep your job! If I was as ineffective and incapable at doing my job as LJ is at his, I'd have been given the boot a long time ago! Looking at fixtures for next month and starting to get used to the fact we will have League one football AGAIN next season. I'm so frustrated that I feel like crying (exaggeration maybe) and it's so infuriating to know that SL is doing nothing about it! It's like me buying a Ferrari and watching someone keying it to ****!

4 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I feel like I'm stuck in a alternate reality where failure is seen as a reason to keep your job! If I was as ineffective and incapable at doing my job as LJ is at his, I'd have been given the boot a long time ago! Looking at fixtures for next month and starting to get used to the fact we will have League one football AGAIN next season. I'm so frustrated that I feel like crying (exaggeration maybe) and it's so infuriating to know that SL is doing nothing about it! It's like me buying a Ferrari and watching someone keying it to ****!

Did anybody seriously expect to win today?

5 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

It's not exactly a surprise we lost today, disappointing but inevitable. 

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

No but I did expect that if he was going to play one up front he might of chosen someone who's actually scored for us. I don't blame Djuric but him and Hegelar must be thinking WTF have we done by joining us at the moment. 

Jesus - about as predictable as my wife having a Saturday night headache.

It was a near full strength Burnley side at home - no bearing on the important week ahead - at least wait until this time next week before throwing a wobbly or crying like a beatch

22 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Does that go for the players too?  Or are they merely hapless victims, poor lambs?

Guest Star of a gunner
23 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

It's like buying a Ferrari and letting my mrs drive it 

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

It was a near full strength Burnley side at home - no bearing on the important week ahead - at least wait until this time next week before throwing a wobbly or crying like a beatch

I didn't mention the game today. You jumped to that assumption! I couldn't give a flying spunk toss about today's result! We won't win the ******* cup anyway and hardly a great team was it!

1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

I didn't mention the game today. You jumped to that assumption! I couldn't give a flying spunk toss about today's result! We won't win the ******* cup anyway and hardly a great team was it!

Ah right. Apologies for my silly assumption.

After all there was all week to post this on one of the numerous threads on this subject but you chose to start a brand new thread minutes after a defeat. Silly me - obviously no link :blink:

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Ah right. Apologies for my silly assumption.

After all there was all week to post this on one of the numerous threads on this subject but you chose to start a brand new thread minutes after a defeat. Silly me - obviously no link :blink:

Don't read the thread then...simple as.

3 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Don't read the thread then...simple as.

Great argument that - poster of the year title surely heading your way - truly thought provoking or should that be fault?

I was intrigued by the title which had no real relation to the thread as to be truthful you are having a nightmare.

Feel free to keep trying though - almost amusing

27 minutes ago, Neo said:

I thought they made 8 changes but could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Great argument that - poster of the year title surely heading your way - truly thought provoking or should that be fault?

I was intrigued by the title which had no real relation to the thread as to be truthful you are having a nightmare.

Feel free to keep trying though - almost amusing

I'm not arguing. I just find it funny how you moan about "another Johnson thread" and then proceed to comment and quote me. Each to ones own I suppose and if you get off on trying to wind people up then crack on by all means. I'm glad that somebody can get a bit of pleasure out of our appalling situation.

19 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

You have it in a nutshell, no, none of us expected us to win today, whereas in previous seasons even as a league 1 side, we would have all felt we had a chance if we played to our ability, and Burnley didn't. Last year we went to West Brom and showed passion,pride and belief against a team that are comparable with Burnley this season. We were in a very similar league position as this when we played West Brom, but 5,000 City fans went believing we could get a result. 

The massive difference today was that we expected to lose not simply because Burnley are a league above us, but because there is zero belief that LJ can get the players to actually believe they could get anything.  Players that he himself has spent record amounts of money on. 

Lincoln had belief, Oxford had belief, Wolves  obviously had belief, that belief comes from managers and what they can get out of there players, plus tactical nouse. We are on the worst run we have ever had, i for one don't see it changing until the players and fans have someone managing the team who they/we can believe in.

47 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Game after game weekend after weekend. It's soul destroying. 

It is soul destroying. LJ has officially become our statistically our all time worst manager and I have my soul put into moth balls on match
day so as not to incur any more damage!

I now officially hate any day on which we play! 

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You have it in a nutshell, no, none of us expected us to win today, whereas in previous seasons even as a league 1 side, we would have all felt we had a chance if we played to our ability, and Burnley didn't. Last year we went to West Brom and showed passion,pride and belief against a team that are comparable with Burnley this season. We were in a very similar league position as this when we played West Brom, but 5,000 City fans went believing we could get a result. 

The massive difference today was that we expected to lose not simply because Burnley are a league above us, but because there is zero belief that LJ can get the players to actually believe they could get anything.  Players that he himself has spent record amounts of money on. 

Lincoln had belief, Oxford had belief, Wolves  obviously had belief, that belief comes from managers and what they can get out of there players, plus tactical nouse. We are on the worst run we have ever had, i for one don't see it changing until the players and fans have someone managing the team who they/we can believe in.

This sums it up!

I am not alone!! Thank God!

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm not worried about losing today. And sounds like there might have been a couple of positives in vyner and odowda. But now we have Wednesday on Tuesday who will be fresher having not played. He should have brought in a few more reserves today. 

Did the loss do anything to bolster confidence for Tuesday ?

Archived