IGNORED

Sutton v leeds...kevin amankwaah

The Humble Realist

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fantastic cup weekend for upsets . But wats just ruined it . Three blokes have walked in with Manure shirts in . 1 of them got a number 9 with ibrahimovic on the back . Drinking fosters . Aaaaaaah . I hate fosters 

It's why they call it "on the piss"....   

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

So Ipswich, Brighton, and Leeds go out to non-league teams.

As the Sutton player said after the game "once we saw their team sheet we knew we could win"

I can understand a Premier league team fielding a "weakened" team as it isn't really that weak. But a second division side ? 

They got what they deserved - good to see.

The way it's going I think the record books  for the future should have an asterisk against results denoting "weakened team" !:grr:

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

So Ipswich, Brighton, and Leeds go out to non-league teams.

As the Sutton player said after the game "once we saw their team sheet we knew we could win"

I can understand a Premier league team fielding a "weakened" team as it isn't really that weak. But a second division side ? 

They got what they deserved - good to see.

To be fair I can totally understand Brighton and Leeds saving players given their excellent league positions.

Financial impact of promotion is always going to trump a romantic cup run in modern football. Still great to see though!

27 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fantastic cup weekend for upsets . But wats just ruined it . Three blokes have walked in with Manure shirts in . 1 of them got a number 9 with ibrahimovic on the back . Drinking fosters . Aaaaaaah . I hate fosters 

Even Aussies hate Fosters. Far better beers to drink than that Down Under.

Plastic fans drinking crap lager. Says it all!

A great win by Sutton, I hope they draw Man U or Chelsea in the next round to give them much needed finance,  is the draw on Monday night?  Still gracious of Monk to admit that it was his responsibility that they lost, but imo was down to the players.  Doesn't take anything away from the performance though and they could teach City how to manage a game.

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

That's why our defeat at Burnley is hard to forgive. Another dire performance. Look at how well other clubs have done against higher opposition. 

Except it wasn't a dire performance at all according to Burnley commentators, MOTD commentator, and several hundreds who went. 

Still, you know best. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Except it wasn't a dire performance at all according to Burnley commentators, MOTD commentator, and several hundreds who went. 

Still, you know best. 

You're absolutey right we did have 3 shots and no corners. Some performance in a game with nothing to lose.

19 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

But you like the men who drink it?

A couple of weeks ago I went to Kingsmeadow to watch AFC Wimbledon v Sutton and was surprised how good Sutton were.  I was particularly surprised how very physical their game was - they took no prisoners!  AFC had a player sent off in the 15th minute and Sutton won 1-3 but the man in black definitely favoured Sutton.  It will be interesting to see who their next opposition will be as I think they are capable of more shocks.

Archived