IGNORED

It is OK now then

longyears

We have rediscovered our identity !!

Anyone know what that means cos I don't.

I just wish the team could play as well as LJ talks - mostly crap but seems to go down well with the media

But all the youngsters were great so roll on our next league game - when of course he will not play them.

I despair.............

3 minutes ago, longyears said:

I just wish the team could play as well as LJ talks - mostly crap but seems to go down well with the media

But all the youngsters were great so roll on our next league game - when of course he will not play them.

I despair.............

Phew! There was me thinking that is was because we were shit.

I'm not sure what our identity is though. LJ started out talking about a pressing, quick passing game, music to my ears and epitomized against Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday last season.

So why has that approach been abandoned this season? I just can't discern what identity he wants these days.

The LJ "doublespeak" has been used by failing managers for years. Remember SOD & his "I don't look at league tables" and talking about the importance of performances.

It's why for all his faults I quite like Mick McCarthy because often he just admits that his team weren't much cop & his decisions didn't help much.

Instead we have LJ dabbling in "Alternative Facts" when what we actually need is alternative results. 

As for identity - Championship - League 1 yo-yo club which has a tendency to massively underperform at this level despite investment, in large part due to questionable managerial appointments. I think that just about sums it up nicely. In fact it could even be our club motto!

We need a manager who can manage in this div and takes no carp and has a mind of his own; we need to stop buying foreign players for millions who have no exp in this div and it shows (no goals) then wonder why we aren't scoring. We need to give part of the South Stand back to the Eastenders so they can do what they do best. We also need our BRISTOL CITY FC id back with less of this multi sports stadium rubbish.

There are way to many chiefs and not enough Indians, pride, passion and belief is missing and needs to return and fast.

So no its not ok and things need to change and fast, because things can get a whole lot worse yet.

1 hour ago, longyears said:

I despair.............

Does it mean that Lee was impersonating a head coach, or someone else was pretending to be him?

Its all so confusing.

3BrF1dm8TlS6j0ZA4znr_Confused%20George%2

I despair.............

Our identity was to kick f**k out of the gas when used to play them. 

Apart from that was to massively under achieve for a a premier team in one of the UK largest Cities.

20 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We also need our BRISTOL CITY FC id back with less of this multi sports stadium rubbish.

There are way to many chiefs and not enough Indians, pride, passion and belief is missing and needs to return and fast.

So no its not ok and things need to change and fast, because things can get a whole lot worse yet.

I'm interested in BCFC frankly could care less about egg chasing and basketball it all seems that the football is pushed further down the pecking order no matter how bad results and performances are L J finds some thing that totally escapes everyone else .

There seems no passion or pride in playing for BCFC its all going through the motions a endless cycle of turn up,lose,spout some mumbo jumbo,go home start again. 

I despair.............

Nice one.  You're going to be SO disappointed if we win on Tuesday, aren't you?

1 hour ago, boss hogg said:

he,s the new breed of manager very media savvy , talks the talk but unfortunately for us he cant walk the walk the sooner he goes the better .

I'd argue it isn't savvy at all. He's talking to football fans, not political devotees looking to lap up nebulous soundbites in the place of reasoned debate. 

Not sure LJ understands what he says. 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

He is starting to remind me of David Brent.

I would not be at all surprised, if after our inevitable defeat on Tuesday against Wednesday (Sorry but my pessimism is now…..  also inevitable) that instead of his normal tautological waffling, he will resort to an embarrassing version of Brent's routine……..would look great on Sky Sports News?

1 hour ago, grove park city said:

I'm interested in BCFC frankly could care less about egg chasing and basketball it all seems that the football is pushed further down the pecking order no matter how bad results and performances are L J finds some thing that totally escapes everyone else .

There seems no passion or pride in playing for BCFC its all going through the motions a endless cycle of turn up,lose,spout some mumbo jumbo,go home start again. 

Yep spot on; bring back the late 60`s and early 70`s proper football played with pride and passion; we are sadly falling into the trap of buying in too many imports....because they are cheaper" maybe so but they have no exp of champ football and are not interested in BCFC at all.... just the money.

19 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Yep spot on; bring back the late 60`s and early 70`s proper football played with pride and passion; we are sadly falling into the trap of buying in too many imports....because they are cheaper" maybe so but they have no exp of champ football and are not interested in BCFC at all.... just the money.

Absolutely bang on.

And, if LJ is removed, when we appoint the next clown manager he'll have the job of clearing a load of costly dead wood.

Archived