IGNORED

Matt Smith

coxyboy

Just now, Marlborough Red said:

Teaming up again with Freeman . Very good together in our promotion season. Hollaway obviously has a plan!

The plan being to recreate an historic City outfit.

You might possibly be proven right!

Watch this space ................

:tumbleweed:

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Amusingly many City fans scoffed at the idea of signing former loanee Chris Woods , How many has he got for Leeds now ?

Just goes to show what we know .

Don't think that was the case. If he was a serious target for us I think most would've been pretty happy. Would've been seen as a great replacement for Wilbraham. I don't recall him being a genuine target though.

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Didn't we buy Djuric to replace Wilbs?

Think we did , but for me if we were going to sign a target man type of player Matt smith would have been ideal. Tried and tested and less of a risk compared to djuric and Probaly cheaper.

Having said that djuric has done all that can be asked of him, won nearly all of his headers but maybe lacks quality with the ball at his feet . Still feel he has potential to be a great partner for either tammy ot Taylor.

14 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Think we did , but for me if we were going to sign a target man type of player Matt smith would have been ideal. Tried and tested and less of a risk compared to djuric and Probaly cheaper.

Having said that djuric has done all that can be asked of him, won nearly all of his headers but maybe lacks quality with the ball at his feet . Still feel he has potential to be a great partner for either tammy ot Taylor.

We do seem to have the occasional great partnership with a little and large up front-

Taylor/ Turner

Wilbs/Agard

Maybe Taylor/Djuric can be the next?:fingerscrossed:

19 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Personally prefer Djuric to Smith, wouldn't swap if given the chance. He'll get more opportunities now with Tammy injured. Not that I don't rate Smith but Djuric has more potential.

How on earth do you conclude Djuric has more potential?

They are both similar ages 27 vs 26 and even ignoring the different standards of the leagues they played in, Smith has scored more than 80 league goals in the last 10 years, whereas Djuric has scored well under 50. He may win headers and yet to prove to be a shrewd signing, but is there any evidence that he is likely to be more successful than Matt Smith?

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

How on earth do you conclude Djuric has more potential?

They are both similar ages 27 vs 26 and even ignoring the different standards of the leagues they played in, Smith has scored more than 80 league goals in the last 10 years, whereas Djuric has scored well under 50. He may win headers and yet to prove to be a shrewd signing, but is there any evidence that he is likely to be more successful than Matt Smith?

Djuric has played at a higher level than Smith, both in Italy and at international level. It's not all about goalscoring his hold-up play has looked excellent so far but time will tell.

Archived