IGNORED

Double winning team...

JasonM88

9 minutes ago, Fuber said:

And Korey's been crocked since the operation.

And the other including Wilbs, FF, Little, Bryan, Flint, Reid, Pack? That really all thats left?

2 out of contract this summer, fielding almost guaranteed to leave. 

4 hours ago, Griffin said:

Williams, Cunningham & Ayling are the only players to technically be doing better than us at the moment. All defenders which says a lot about the general set up within the club in that department. 

A back four of Ayling, Flint, Williams & Cunningham would be fine at this level. If Cotterill hadn't have been so wedded to playing 3 at the back that might have been our line up at the beginning of last season. And he might not have lost his job in January. And so on and so on...

So many "if onlys". The curse of most football supporters!

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

A back four of Ayling, Flint, Williams & Cunningham would be fine at this level. If Cotterill hadn't have been so wedded to playing 3 at the back that might have been our line up at the beginning of last season. And he might not have lost his job in January. And so on and so on...

It's funny how we've seemed to do a complete 180 on the positives/negatives of last season.

edit: funny is a word.. probably not the right one though

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I think they'd have found a reason to get rid of cotterill to be frank. I don't think he fitted in with what the clubs vision is/was. They always wanted a young coach to go with the continental vibe they are trying to create with BS etc.

4 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Players come and go they do not, in general, have that much loyalty any more

Absolutely. That side from a couple of years ago is no more likely to stay together than any other, irrrespective of how successful they were. Bit of a red herring for me. (Never really thought of it before, but rather a red herring than a blue one!?) 

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

I think they'd have found a reason to get rid of cotterill to be frank. I don't think he fitted in with what the clubs vision is/was. They always wanted a young coach to go with the continental vibe they are trying to create with BS etc.

They stuck with him for long enough, Cotterill wasnt adaptable enough and suffered as a result. 

Archived