IGNORED

My Freeman take: LJ has issues and the club should be ashamed

Thatwasclose

I guess from those with the perspective that every single thing that LJ/MA does is incompetent and wrong then Luke Freeman was just a "great servant"who despite his best efforts could not get into the team.

I guess from the perspective of Luke's agent  forcing a bargain end of window deal through with a massive pay day for him and his client then encouraging his client to avoid injury by not playing worked out rather well.

What I find pitifully hypocritical is that some of those criticising our club about the manner of LF's departure were also only too happy to inform us that he was not good enough for the team or, indeed, the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I guess from those with the perspective that every single thing that LJ/MA does is incompetent and wrong then Luke Freeman was just a "great servant"who despite his best efforts could not get into the team.

I guess from the perspective of Luke's agent  forcing a bargain end of window deal through with a massive pay day for him and his client then encouraging his client to avoid injury by not playing worked out rather well.

What I find pitifully hypocritical is that some of those criticising our club about the manner of LF's departure were also only too happy to inform us that he was not good enough for the team or, indeed, the Championship.

Can I double 'like'?

People seem to have completely forgotten week after week of 'Freeman's not good for the championship' debate.

He is not a pivotal player for us, he's been in and out the team and inconsistent. MA and LJ will have decided that it's fine for him to leave if he doesn't sign a new contract. So why would they do anything differently?

3 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Interesting how it's been outed by LJ on both occasions that JK and LF refused to play wanting a move etc. 

In my view this happens at all clubs up and down the country and only the bitter clubs let it out to the media. It's unnecessary to let it out and should be delt with inhouse.

For all Freeman has done and all the stick he took last two years from fans for not being up to championship par it sickens me that some fans think he is in the wrong and put all blame on him. How can you sing Freeman's on fire every week then not wish the man well? 

The club should be ashamed that one of the players who made a a great contribution last few seasons and always worked hard even when it wasn't going for him is now leaving under this atmosphere when it could have been avoided.

Freeman you have my support and I wish you all the best in your career and life.

Being a fairy new fan seems like no one ever leaves this club on good terms...

What a load of absolute tosh. Over the years I have supported City, 99.999% of players who leave our club, do so on the best of terms with the club and supporters. Many are respectfully welcomed back, even those small number who have crossed over to the blue side of town. When Nicky Maynard left, I cannot remember the manager making any such statement but it was clear to all that he had been a pain in the ass for some considerable time before he left.

So when a Head Coach states that a player has refused to play for us, it's not done lightly. Even if LJ had said nothing, it is clear from the small amount of info that we get, that he has not been interested in the last few weeks.

PS. I am not a fan of our current Head Coach as I don't believe he is right for the job, but at least I respect him enough to believe that he isn't lying about such matters. 

14 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Do you  believe JK refused to play?

Yes. That was an example of a player forcing a move to a bigger club.

Freeman though was out of contract in the summer. The club knew before the Burnley game that he was going to QPR. It's just LJ trying to save face in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Two separate issues, whatever you thought/think of Freeman there are ways of going about a move. He would/should have been allowed to go in this window anyway. Unless the club were happy to let him go on a free in a few months. As we are trying to become sustainable I doubt this and I think he would have been given his move. How he performed is immaterial , refusing to play unforgivable .

The thing I'd question is whether this was less supposed to be a slight versus the club by Freeman; but more slighting LJ by basically telling him to "Fu** Off".

LJ has publicly tried blackmailing Luke to sign a contract. Which to me, is shocking man-management. Especially if this was outed to the press without Luke's prior knowledge, it's no wonder he wouldn't want to play for a man who he may no longer trust.

But again, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

What has been overlooked is Luke has been through the same situation with Stevenage, and agreed to sign a year extension just so his former team could collect a fee - instead of it being set by a tribunal which could of been bad for Stevenage, ergo doing his old team a great favor.

What possible reason could he have for not doing the same with us?

Something is definitely very, very odd, about this whole scenario.

7 minutes ago, Fuber said:

The thing I'd question is whether this was less supposed to be a slight versus the club by Freeman; but more slighting LJ by basically telling him to "Fu** Off".

LJ has publicly tried blackmailing Luke to sign a contract. Which to me, is shocking man-management. Especially if this was outed to the press without Luke's prior knowledge, it's no wonder he wouldn't want to play for a man who he may no longer trust.

But again, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

What has been overlooked is Luke has been through the same situation with Stevenage, and agreed to sign a year extension just so his former team could collect a fee - instead of it being set by a tribunal which could of been bad for Stevenage, ergo doing his old team a great favor.

What possible reason could he have for not doing the same with us?

Something is definitely very, very odd, about this whole scenario.

How exactly did LJ publicly blackmail Freeman?

And what is odd about a player and a club jostling to get the best deal for themselves when a contract is running up. Not odd in the slightest, happens at every club, every transfer window.

4 hours ago, Rob k said:

He's been awful since we got in to the championship - why shouldn't LJ out the players who are refusing to play for our club? 

Because Freeman has always struck me as a hardworking, honest and enthusiastic kind of guy. And also he's not been awful - I've seen matches where he's created two or three clear-cut chances for teammates but still been criticised, while everyone hailed the genius Tomlin because he did a Rabona. I imagine most of the players are feeling disillusioned by LJ's doofishness, so if Freeman saw an opportunity that was too good to miss, who can blame him for wanting out?

I'll always be thankful to him for contributing to one of our most exhilarating seasons ever.

1 hour ago, Libertine1 said:

Yes. That was an example of a player forcing a move to a bigger club.

Freeman though was out of contract in the summer. The club knew before the Burnley game that he was going to QPR. It's just LJ trying to save face in my opinion.

So you believe JK refused to play, you don't believe LF refused to play.

Fair enough.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

So you believe JK refused to play, you don't believe LF refused to play.

Fair enough.

I believe they both refused to play.

Difference is (I think) that we wanted Kodija to play who flat out refused, but brought Freeman back in from the cold to try and generate an improved bid from QPR although that didn't seem to work. Freeman saw it for what is was, and (wrongly from a BCFC perspective) refused to join the matchday squad as he knew he wasn't really wanted and was just a pawn.

Players should take the rough with the smooth, after all if they become sicknotes or flat out shit (Nicky Hunt) they still get paid. The converse is that sometimes they don't get it all their own way like the Argy at Leicester who wants to play but is down the pecking order. Tough tits really.

I thought Luke was poor last season and frustrated the hell out of me this although he did look a bit better. I don't wish him ill, and I don't wish him the best either, certainly dont want him to get any success at QPR nor for that shithouse of a club to make any money on him.

6 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Interesting how it's been outed by LJ on both occasions that JK and LF refused to play wanting a move etc. 

In my view this happens at all clubs up and down the country and only the bitter clubs let it out to the media. It's unnecessary to let it out and should be delt with inhouse.

For all Freeman has done and all the stick he took last two years from fans for not being up to championship par it sickens me that some fans think he is in the wrong and put all blame on him. How can you sing Freeman's on fire every week then not wish the man well? 

The club should be ashamed that one of the players who made a a great contribution last few seasons and always worked hard even when it wasn't going for him is now leaving under this atmosphere when it could have been avoided.

Freeman you have my support and I wish you all the best in your career and life.

Bollocks.

Time to move on. Yesterday's man, yesterday's news. I never thought either Luke was up to it. And Christ was one ugly? And both had ponytails or buns.

Made my girls laugh every time they saw them.

And if the £300k goes to getting Matt Taylor - or at the very least gives us something to look back on and laugh at - then I'm all for that!

Tonight's the night.

7 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

I absolutely agree with everything you have said. I blame LJ entirely for not capitalising on Luke Freeman. He admittedly seemed to struggle in the early days of the Championship but was starting to shine again until he got the horrible ankle injury. I've been looking through old games and photos of some of his spectacular and committed play. This is a young man with talent and good temperament and we should have hung onto him. LJ is just using the excuses about both him and Kodjia. And while we're on the subject, he should have kept Luke Ayling too. For God's sake Mr Johnson, use the talent you have and give players a chance, instead of collecting goalies.... It's about ten men getting the ball in the net, not one man keeping it out. Good luck Luke and COYR.

9 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Disciplinary issues should generally be kept in house and a player is free to ask for a move with no recriminations.  But when a player refuses to play they have gone too far.  Their wages are paid by the fans and the disrespect being shown to the fans is something they should know about.  If Freeman refused to play he deserves it.

Archived