IGNORED

#MINDTHECHASM

TheCulturalBomb

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Another nonsense thread

When will some City supporters grow up and stop this very silly and juvenile rubbish about Rovers

It deeply offends us old and long standing fans who remember better days between the two clubs.  Rivalry yes, nastiness no

Calling someone silly and/or juvenile has the potential to offend; or is it only you who can be offended?

Just now, 29AR said:

Calling someone silly and/or juvenile has the potential to offend; or is it only you who can be offended?

If you read my post carefully I identify no one.

But, really, do you think these anti Rovers comments are in any way illuminating or appropriate, because I don't.  This is the nasty side of modern football and very unBristolian

16 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Another nonsense thread

When will some City supporters grow up and stop this very silly and juvenile rubbish about Rovers

It deeply offends us old and long standing fans who remember better days between the two clubs.  Rivalry yes, nastiness no

You mean those better days before 1982?

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

But, really, do you think these anti Rovers comments are in any way illuminating or appropriate, because I don't.  This is the nasty side of modern football and very unBristolian

Very unBristolian? You haven't got a clue have you.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I think it perfectly acceptable. It's joshing. Of course there are plebs, cretins even who take it too far and show genuine venom; but taking the Michael, laughing at them is absolutely fine so long as you have the good grace to take it back. 

I wasn't alive in a period when people would attend both Rovers and City. I'm glad I wasn't. I have no desire to see both Bristol clubs thrive. I want us to succeed and them to fail. Why? because I have known no different and don't wish to know any different. I only know rivalry. I have the humility to let them 'have their day' and enjoy the pleasure it gives them in an almost self-schadenfreude manner. But I'm not going to poo-poo my own pleasure. 

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think it perfectly acceptable. It's joshing. Of course there are plebs, cretins even who take it too far and show genuine venom; but taking the Michael, laughing at them is absolutely fine so long as you have the good grace to take it back. 

I wasn't alive in a period when people would attend both Rovers and City. I'm glad I wasn't. I have no desire to see both Bristol clubs thrive. I want us to succeed and them to fail. Why? because I have known no different and don't wish to know any different. I only know rivalry. I have the humility to let them 'have their day' and enjoy the pleasure it gives them in an almost self-schadenfreude manner. But I'm not going to poo-poo my own pleasure. 

I just find that very sad and not the old true spirit of City

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Very unBristolian? You haven't got a clue have you.

I am undoubtedly older than you and remember the tolerance that typified  Bristolians and a spirit of togetherness when we stood firm in Bristol against all the Nazis threw at our beautiful pre war city

Unbristolian, I hardly think so!

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I am undoubtedly older than you and remember the tolerance that typified  Bristolians and a spirit of togetherness when we stood firm in Bristol against all the Nazis threw at our beautiful pre war city

Unbristolian, I hardly think so!

The worlds moved on...try it

My first ever football game was to watch Rovers - my grandfather was a fan.  My dad took me to City games so I used to watch them both.  I quite liked Harold Jarman.  Still like to take the mick at every opportunity and their season in the non-league wilderness will stay with me forever.

40 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

This thread is nothing but harmless banter with a funny GIF. Theres nothing 'nasty' about this, call it a bit of fun against our rivals, but view it as you will.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Another nonsense thread

Funny I just read this from you on the match day thread "This is an open forum where all views, however misguided in the view of others, are, or should be, welcome". 

If you don't like the post, don't read it. It was blatantly obvious from the title what it was. Certainly don't call a thread nonsense while telling others on another thread that they should welcome all views however misguided they may be.

1 hour ago, cheese said:

My first ever football game was to watch Rovers - my grandfather was a fan.  My dad took me to City games so I used to watch them both.  I quite liked Harold Jarman.  Still like to take the mick at every opportunity and their season in the non-league wilderness will stay with me forever.

Me too. I've probably been to Eastville more than any othr ground bar the Gate but taking the p1ss out of the other lot is one of the joys of football, and this is a solid gold opportunity :D

1 hour ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Maybe you should try some "manners" towards your own manager then?

Your posts quote often seem "unbristolian" to me, too.

My comments re LJ were reasonable criticism.  I am sure doing the job he does he is prepared to take criticism.  It goes with the territory

I am truly saddened by today's plethora of anti Rovers abuse, under the guise of just a bit of fun.  The language used by many doesn't seem fun to me.

Oh well, one day perhaps the good times will return and we can go back to friendly, non abusive, rivalry.  I doubt it somehow, it has all got so bad I think it would take a miracle now to change attitudes.

Those of you who weren't around in the Fifties, I can't begin to tell you of the splendid time it was for football, and especially here in Bristol.  If poor old John Atyeo and Geoff Bradford could read this thread they would be horrified.  The beautiful game has somehow been allowed to die

Archived