IGNORED

Knew we'd end your losing run

Fernando

Told you so earlier on. We are a negative side. Very conservative. 

Well played though guys and I'm sure you'll turn this season around and have a decent run in. Players are talented enough to be doing better. 

I want to go and kick Hamish (the cat). 

Ciao for now. 

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

You don't know how relieved we are to get a point after 8 straight defeats, hopefully get 3 points v Rotherham Saturday and we're back in the game!

I know those feelings. The relief is beautiful. Like I said, in the fashion of Lee Johnson which seems to be a bit like a pendulum, you have plenty of chances to finish the season well. 

38 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well played though guys and I'm sure you'll turn this season around and have a decent run in. Players are talented enough to be doing better. 

Ciao for now. 

we'll need a decent run in - have you seen our February fixtures - 4 straight away games at Derby, Leeds, Newcastle and Villa!

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Ciao for now. 

Was saying on the way out that I was surprised at how you played, not negative as such but quite happy to sit back, as I've thought you looked really decent when I've seen you on the tv this season - much more attacking than how you played tonight.

I was half expecting a pasting tonight, but very happy how it turned out. I actually feel we should have won, which is a good feeling to have back!  All the best for the rest of the season. 

As for SW, I expected a bit more TBH. Scored two but that I think was more down to city creating problems for themselves. Didn't really break us down and they have quality to do so. Didn't know Winnall was on the pitch. Wasn't worried once Nihui came on though. Djuric looks a few notches up on him. Can't believe Nihui is a championship player. 

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well we took 7 points from those games the first time round...

I know they're getting their AFCON players back and signed a few more but Villa just don't strike me as a guaranteed loss. Leeds and Newcastle fair enough though. Derby is somewhere in between. Doesn't matter though, nothing is guaranteed and we can get points from anyone in this league. 

2 hours ago, Ray White said:

Barry Bannan is the best midfielder I've seen down the gate this season, it must be a pleasure to watch him play regularly. The Scottish Xavi.

He's really good. If he was a few inches taller he'd be a prem player easily. Not that it should matter as he's top class. 

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

Ciao for now. 

Bit of a clanger by your boss to take Winnall off for the big lump, I think. That didn't help.

If you saw how soft the goals we gave you were - particularly the first :facepalm: - you'd know why we have been struggling.

2 hours ago, Ray White said:

Barry Bannan is the best midfielder I've seen down the gate this season, it must be a pleasure to watch him play regularly. The Scottish Xavi.

I totally agree. I would pay to watch him and Foristieri, two very classy players even though Bannan took one for the team when he upended Tommo.

The thing that stood out for me was that both sides were playing intricate little passes at times. The difference was that while we were doing it to the player, Wednesday were doing it to space in front of the player putting them in a position to break quickly. I guess that will come with time but I thought Wednesday were, as expected, excellent at times if a little toothless. 

i would have been happy with a point against Wednesday if we were in form so I'm quite content with the draw last night. I think they'll go close again!

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bit of a clanger by your boss to take Winnall off for the big lump, I think. That didn't help.

If you saw how soft the goals we gave you were - particularly the first :facepalm: - you'd know why we have been struggling.

That's the frustration for me. It's not that we should have beaten you on the day because a draw was fair but when you make a change like that it's inviting the opposition onto you. It's a negative change to try and hold onto what we have. As said above Nuhiu is the biggest lump in the Championship I think he's got 1 goal in 55 games now. Thank goodness Jordan Rhodes is here.

Archived