IGNORED

Matty - Shafted them royally

RT's Vaseline Tub

Proven goal scorer moving up the leagues for 300k v say Scott Hogan @ £12m.

I know who I'd rather have - Matty T.

It really has to be the bargain of all time with no sell on fee either so win/win all round as a goal scorer is the most valuable asset any Team can have as we saw with Kodjia leaving & getting Tammy in on a season long loan.

The best thing is that their big hero, the king of the turnip patch, hollowhead has financed the deal with the 300k he paid for the step over king!

Its a big step up playing in the championship so I expect he may have to go into the development squad first to get up to speed, that's after he's been fumigated first.

You couldn't have made it up

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

A staggering error by Rovers not building at least a sell on clause in there. Remarkable.

For the rest of the season he could score only one goal for City, it assists in keeping us up, and it will be the best 300k the club has spent in the modern era.

I think one thing is clear is that in the Summer Taylor had them over the barrel.

The only way he would sign for them was with the insertion of a £300k release clause... takes some considering that. Score 10 goals in League One you're worth £300k to anyone. I think it quite clear he didn't want to be there, didn't want to commit to Oxford, but realised get a cheap release clause at Rovers and do anything half decent and your agent will get you out in January. 

Neck on the line, I wonder why this happened today. The cynic in me is that last week SL told us LJ wasn't staying, Burnley was an irrelevance.. and Rovers didn't want to spend money on a replacement. Therefore no need to happen last week; but to happen today was a bit of a favour to BRFC to justify not spending  

31 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think one thing is clear is that in the Summer Taylor had them over the barrel.

The only way he would sign for them was with the insertion of a £300k release clause... takes some considering that. Score 10 goals in League One you're worth £300k to anyone. I think it quite clear he didn't want to be there, didn't want to commit to Oxford, but realised get a cheap release clause at Rovers and do anything half decent and your agent will get you out in January. 

Neck on the line, I wonder why this happened today. The cynic in me is that last week SL told us LJ wasn't staying, Burnley was an irrelevance.. and Rovers didn't want to spend money on a replacement. Therefore no need to happen last week; but to happen today was a bit of a favour to BRFC to justify not spending  

I'm kinda with you there, but he has got Rovers £300k, that is more than they'd have got had he gone in the summer.  Probably 90:10 in his favour.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm kinda with you there, but he has got Rovers £300k, that is more than they'd have got had he gone in the summer.  Probably 90:10 in his favour.

Agree. But between him and his agent he's been very, very shrewd.

Could've gone to Oxford - but would they have been desperate for a £300k release fee... nah. Means he would have needed a really good few months to even contemplate a move to championship in January as he's looking at £2m+ transfer value .

Or.. stay with Rovers get them to agree to a small releas clause. Appeases their fans - why they'd do it to sign him on - and frankly even 10 goals by now probably would have done it for someone to spend £300k in this league. That earns him a wage increase and signing on fee. 

This really was an absolute blinder played by him and his advisers in July. 

Will be unpopular, but he has demonstrated the value of an agent - an agent who looks past immediate opportunities anyway. 

Hypothetical... he signed for Oxford on a 3year deal in July. He's scored 18 goals. How much are Oxford going to demand for his transfer...? Slim chance of a move....

Archived