IGNORED

Coaching

Benjam!n Ultra

Serious question and not just bashing LJ or his staff for the sake of it but has any players actually improved in their abilities since he's arrives a year ago?

I look at the younger types in Bryan, Reid, O'Dowda etc. and I don't actually recognise any form of improvement in their game, some have even regressed. 

Surely players at this age should be improving and it being coached into them rather than us just recycling the team every window. 

8 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Serious question and not just bashing LJ or his staff for the sake of it but has any players actually improved in their abilities since he's arrives a year ago?

I look at the younger types in Bryan, Reid, O'Dowda etc. and I don't actually recognise any form of improvement in their game, some have even regressed. 

Surely players at this age should be improving and it being coached into them rather than us just recycling the team every window. 

Yes I can understand your point. I suppose its depends weather they are capable of improvement or not... if so then you might have a point. Certainly I don't see anymore composure in front of goal or at the back...

8 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Reid has made massive improvement and I still am amazed he can not even get on the bench at mo.

5 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Reid has made massive improvement and I still am amazed he can not even get on the bench at mo.

I agree. Bizarre decision. Think back to last year (post SC) and Reid was instrumental in our good form linking up with Tomlin.

9 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Very hard to tell when everybody is low on confidence - a few wins and you might see something different - confidence is vital with the young lads

9 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Said it enough times, part of the disappointment in following City is that in addition to appointing duff Managers we have failed to appoint high quality coaching staff. The people we have had failed to improve our own (Wes Burns) or others that come to us (eg. Ivan Sproule - I'd loved Walshy but he could not teach an intelligent, articulate fellow like Ivan how to cross a ball). We tend to de-skill our signings. Bolassie looked like a pantomime with us, look what Crystal Palace did with him.

It's another part of the Lansdown problem I am afraid.

It will take a high quality manager bringing his high quality Coaching team to change the situation.

Archived