IGNORED

Ref bottling it

Lrrr

Don't think I've seen a thread on it, anyway the ref bottled it big time by not sending off their centre back when he high kicked Tammy in the chest in the first half and how different it could have been with Wednesday being down to 10 in the first half. I'd have to watch the foul where their other centre back got carded for crunching Tammy as to whether he was last man or just about had someone with him to stop that from also being another potential red card.

Also while on the subject of the ref, also didn't book 2/3 Wednesday players for going into the crowd, made the comment about this with one of the players being Foristieri (being the last one to break from them and therefore clearly visable) who then divided in the box a few minutes later, both cardable offences by the rules but no yellow for either.

I didn't think he was too bad - by comparison with some. He did offer us little protection though and he should have started flashing the yellows earlier. Tammy was having lumps kicked out of him.

The worst official was the linesman in front of the Dolman. An appointment at Specsavers is well overdue for that chap.

Yeah the guy who 'injured' himself taking down Tammy got booked, wondered whether he was down that long for trying to get some sympathy for taking Tammy down on the edge of the box preventing a scoring chance. Forgot about the Brownhill one that was a blatant yellow as well.

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

The high foot on Tammy should've been a red just because it was dangerous and high, regardless of the fact that he barely touched him,  I thought he was 100% right though to call Tammy back and speak to him about the play-acting.  Wish more refs would do that.

Given Tammy was still clutching his chest when he went off at half time I'm not sure how much play acting was involved.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Given Tammy was still clutching his chest when he went off at half time I'm not sure how much play acting was involved.

Given that he was rolling round dying until the card came out and then he jumped up and ran off immediately afterwards it seemed a move that Warnock would've been proud of.

3 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Freeman got a red last year for kicking a Brentford player in the chest when the Brentford player was on his blindside. Abraham was right in front of the Wednesday player last night. It's the inconsistencies that are frustrating 

My initial reaction was 'that's exactly what Freeman got sent off for, but I was a lot further away this time so was hard to tell just how high it was comparatively. 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My initial reaction was 'that's exactly what Freeman got sent off for, but I was a lot further away this time so was hard to tell just how high it was comparatively. 

Think Freeman being smaller hurt him there as his foot was probably as high but looked worse because he's not very tall. His foot was by his head whereas the defender last night was chest height. Again shouldn't make a difference but it is the sight of it. 

As for the Dolman linesman and referees in general, and this will sound harsh, but why have older gentleman reffing games played at a speed they're probably struggling to keep up with at times. Game played by professional athletes in their prime conditions reffed by guys 50+ years old. I'm not saying you can't be fit and all that at 50 or older but surely we could have a cap of about 40 for them. Surely eyesight and other physical aspects tend to detoriate as you get older. Again probably harsh but sometimes you see refs who can't keep up with play and have to make calls 30 yards away. Seems a bit off to me and I've complained about it in other sports 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I didn't think he was too bad - by comparison with some. He did offer us little protection though and he should have started flashing the yellows earlier. Tammy was having lumps kicked out of him.

The worst official was the linesman in front of the Dolman. An appointment at Specsavers is well overdue for that chap.

I think he got the message that we weren't impressed with his performance. Plus half way through the first half, when he gave a throw in to Wednesday that blatantly came off their player, Tomlin questioned him and he just shook his head and blanked him. Tomlin's reply, at the top of his voice:

'You're a f#cking nob head!'

Needless to say everyone that heard it roared 

1 minute ago, ciderrider said:

I think he got the message that we weren't impressed with his performance. Plus half way through the first half, when he gave a throw in to Wednesday that blatantly came off their player, Tomlin questioned him and he just shook his head and blanked him. Tomlin's reply, at the top of his voice:

'You're a f#cking nob head!'

Needless to say everyone that heard it roared 

I lip read the first bit of it  :laughcont:

Tommo was getting a bit hot and bothered about the officials in the first half and I thought he was cruising to a card for dissent, but luckily the penalty cooled him right down.

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Don't think I've seen a thread on it, anyway the ref bottled it big time by not sending off their centre back when he high kicked Tammy in the chest in the first half and how different it could have been with Wednesday being down to 10 in the first half. I'd have to watch the foul where their other centre back got carded for crunching Tammy as to whether he was last man or just about had someone with him to stop that from also being another potential red card.

Also while on the subject of the ref, also didn't book 2/3 Wednesday players for going into the crowd, made the comment about this with one of the players being Foristieri (being the last one to break from them and therefore clearly visable) who then divided in the box a few minutes later, both cardable offences by the rules but no yellow for either.

I mentioned it last night.  Lees got away without a booking for the penalty, and had he got one, the ref would have had an easy two yellows = red when he then went in dangerously on Tammy.

Wednesday were prepared to take yellows when we were in very dangerous positions.  I'd like to see us be more physical, without going stupid.

10 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Did he book the player that took out tammy first half that was charging towards the box? The player went down injured and didnt see a yellow card once he'd got up. Most blatant yellow card you will see. Didnt think he was too bad. Thought Wednesday were a dirty team. Forrestieri went in two footed on the goalie didn't he first half? And of course that studs up challenge into tammys chest. And that terrible foul on Brownhill first half, Brownhill did a flying volley down field, was in the air and player took him out, didn't even get a yellow. Oh and the headlock on tomlin in the area. Yeah actually maybe he was another bad one. We never seem to have decisions go our way for some reason. 

Think Loovens got booked there.

Archived