IGNORED

Performance Related Pay

Red Skin

In the interview with SL on City World it was interesting to see that the contract offer to Leapy was related to his performances and goals scored. The inference was that the offer was not far away from the Sheff Wed offer if Lee performed - just structured differently. Also made the comment that he felt Lee didn't play enough games for City due to injury. Pretty shrewd by SL and the club in my book given Lee's time with the club.

Should all the players get pay more related to their performances on the pitch? I've no objection as long as they aren't judged by the text voters for MOM awards. I'm sure Scott Murray was still getting MOM from these idiots after he was sold to Reading!

Any views?

Guest bristolbred

If Steve L, put the whole City team on performance related pay, then you'd see wholemark changes compared to last season!. :blink:

Guest bristolbred

Its the fairest way for both player and club and would certainly make the players play, even if it is for the wrong reasons.

Can you really blame him though? If you were offered a 2 year contract with one club where your pay depended on how you were playing, or one with another where you're guaranteed a larger sum per week, what would you go for?

If the majority of the squad were in the same position they would also do the same.

Can you really blame him though? If you were offered a 2 year contract with one club where your pay depended on how you were playing, or one with another where you're guaranteed a larger sum per week, what would you go for?

If the majority of the squad were in the same position they would also do the same.

Nope I don't blame Leapy, just pleased the deal offered was linked to performance.

Sad to say but there is no perfect formula in the team/squad game of today.It is such an emotive and complex situation which in all honesty is best served with only limited info.falling into the public domain.

Too much knowledge by fans can as in the case of Tony Thorpe serve to cause confusion which ultimately is counter-productive to all parties.

At the end of the day we simply have to have confidence in the likes of S.L.& B.T.to make judgements for the overall well being of our club.Of particular intrigue at the moment is the desired arrival of McLean versus the speculation of what financial package would be required to bring Stewart.Assuming you value them as equals in your quest to depart this division then would you agree to Stewart pocketing the McLean transfer fee as part of a performance/pay related package?

In my small business I have guys who really contribute twice the value of others,however I must admit that these high-achievers do not receive their true reward.

Archived