IGNORED

Tammy's Record

Charlie BCFC

14 hours ago, wheatus59 said:

Nothing quite like putting a downer on our 1 bright spark this season !

Sorry. Just trying to put the brakes on the 'Tammy will play for England' hype. If I had to put money on it I'd say he will play for England but how many young English players have been told they are amazing, only to falter.

Henry Winter has a good piece on Chelsea academy.

About Tammy he had this to say:

Chelsea’s controversial loan system is beginning to pay dividends. Another prospect, Tammy Abraham, was stationed at Bristol City because they trusted the manager, Lee Johnson, to use him regularly and in his best position, arriving in the box to score. Abraham is developing promisingly but the feeling is that he needs another season on loan before challenging at Chelsea. Jake Clarke-Salter, the defender on loan at Bristol Rovers, is deemed future England material.

Odd that it doesn't say Tammy is considered future England material. Suppose he still has things to work on.

On the other hand...could it mean we have one more year of him?? Clearly a good environment for him.

On Tammy's finishing, I think he's one who works of instinct a lot. It's why he's always in the right place at the right time, it's instinct and you can't coach that. It's why I think he struggles when he has more time, when many would argue it's easy. He has time to think and might double cross himself. Certainly lucky to have him and will enjoy watching him while I can!!

1 hour ago, CheddarReds said:

On Tammy's finishing, I think he's one who works of instinct a lot. It's why he's always in the right place at the right time, it's instinct and you can't coach that. It's why I think he struggles when he has more time, when many would argue it's easy. He has time to think and might double cross himself. Certainly lucky to have him and will enjoy watching him while I can!!

Definitely a very good instinctive finisher but as you rightly point out less lethal when he has time , as a lot of goal scorers , time to think , which can work negatively

He does have it in his locker - if you look back at footage of him with Chelsea U21 s etc he can score one on ones with aplomb and strike from outside the box

A player who is only going to get better and better , fantastic attitude to go with his talent and I hope the lad has a fantastic career , just wish we were good enough to keep him 

20 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I keep reading this comment, yet only two teams in the league have created more chances than us this season.

I think it's strange that people focus on our attacking when our weakness is so obviously at the other end of the pitch. 

Not a criticism of yourself just an observation. Was the same last year when we were creating and attacking well but leaked goals for fun just like this year. 

Earlier in the season we were getting around 20 shots of target and 5+ shots on target a game. It's one of the reasons I thought things would work out for us, we were creating, scoring, winning more often than not and you saw we just needed a little more quality, and for a few things to click into place to have a really good team. Sadly it kind of instead started to fall apart and we started to lose a few, then started to become more defensive, created less chances, but still conceded no matter how defensive we became. I would rather go back to those days to be honest, if we are going to lose by the odd goal due to defensive errors I would rather it was while we out to win the game, than whilst we were trying to not lose...  

But yeah we had a nice stash of efforts hoarded up from earlier in the season 

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

2009/2010 was Rooneys best season. 

In terms of goals scored yes, but I think an 18 year old Rooney would have scored more. We could argue till the cows come home but my point is that many people will say Rooney peaked in his teens. I'm just trying to calm everyone down regarding Tammy and to not spoil him with the hype that has stunted the ability of so many promising English footballers. 

Archived