IGNORED

Fan zone

Rocking Red Cyril

Last nite was the first time was able to proberly enjoy the sports bar and fan zone. And felt it was a great pretty match experience. Did not dine in the sports bar but enjoyed a Guinness or two in a really lovely bubbly atmosphere. The live music was fun and different at a ground and the Thatcher's bar provided a good chat and giggle with some Wednesday fans and home fans alike. The positive atmosphere and general good fun feeling to the whole experience was a real positive in my book. And we got a point as well . 

Well done Bristol city

Coyr

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Last nite was the first time was able to proberly enjoy the sports bar and fan zone. And felt it was a great pretty match experience. Did not dine in the sports bar but enjoyed a Guinness or two in a really lovely bubbly atmosphere. The live music was fun and different at a ground and the Thatcher's bar provided a good chat and giggle with some Wednesday fans and home fans alike. The positive atmosphere and general good fun feeling to the whole experience was a real positive in my book. And we got a point as well . 

Well done Bristol city

Coyr

Good to hear and it shows how far football and City have come. Not so many years ago those City fans and Wednesday would have been knocking seven bells out of each other. Kinda makes me wonder why we still have Home and Away only pubs.

3 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Good to hear and it shows how far football and City have come. Not so many years ago those City fans and Wednesday would have been knocking seven bells out of each other. Kinda makes me wonder why we still have Home and Away only pubs.

Yes but have we not evolved beyond those days now 

3 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

more likely to get a ban if you misbehave at the ground

It is good to see both teams supporters mingling, chatting at both City and Bristol home games. My rugby friends always mention in a slightly derogatory way, the segregation inside the stadium. My belief is that while it was borne out of the hooligan era to reduce fighting etc between rival fans, the fact that all away fans together actually makes for more noise from them and a better atmosphere. It's a bit strange at rugby to hear little pockets of away support that don't make any appreciable noise for their team.

5 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Well done Bristol city

Coyr

Not been there yet but soon I hope.

Dolly, can we, can we ?  :wub:

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Not been there yet but soon I hope.

Dolly, can we, can we ?  :wub:

You tell me when yer down honey and I'll come give you a snog, I mean hug :D 

13 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Did not see dolly there Tuesday !! Was she hiding ?

I was in the warm of the Supporters Club and Trust bar from about half 5, then getting soaked in the Atyeo from about 7pm.  Honest I was. 

I had a mate come down from Sheffield. He just kept on about what a great setup it was, he loved the Sports Bar and the Fan Zone. Really impressed and wished Hillsborough had something like it, he cant wait to come down again next season as the whole thing provides a good day out.

Really is something to be proud of and I hope it all continues, maybe expands and becomes quite unique. 

Archived