IGNORED

Disabled areas

gordie

I was stood in the Atyeo nice and dry watching the game last night looking over at the areas where the disabled in wheelchairs are and thought is that the best this club can do after investing all that money on the stadium, I know many other able bodied supporters were getting wet last night but they have a choice where they sit whereas there is very limited options for the disabled, you would have thought there would be some sort of covering at the very least. 

Not sure I agree but understand where you are coming from.

Due to ramps, slopes etc ground level has to be the most logical but if you then had a roof it would have to be really low or would obscure the view behind.

I look at the areas at the Gate and feel quite proud of the amount of room and view afforded. I have seen some stadiums where the disabled area is stuck in a corner with inadequate space to enter and exit and views obscured by people walking back and forth in front of the area.

It would need somebody who uses this area to comment but I would think they would be fairly happy with the facilities - maybe ?!

Sitting in the disabled area with my son we normally get wet if it rains. We can cope with it although it's expensive when it comes to providing covered space. 

There is some covered disabled space in the West stand if you look half way up towards either end. 

I'd rather they worried about proper locks on disabled toilets, warm water and more disabled parking.

Unfortunately none of which are within the capacity of management to solve, despite me losing the will to live through complaining on the first two.  

12 minutes ago, Neo said:

Not sure I agree but understand where you are coming from.

Due to ramps, slopes etc ground level has to be the most logical but if you then had a roof it would have to be really low or would obscure the view behind.

I look at the areas at the Gate and feel quite proud of the amount of room and view afforded. I have seen some stadiums where the disabled area is stuck in a corner with inadequate space to enter and exit and views obscured by people walking back and forth in front of the area.

It would need somebody who uses this area to comment but I would think they would be fairly happy with the facilities - maybe ?!

The area at the front of the Lansdown (south-stand end) looked good, spacious and dry. Was also plenty of room (AKA empty space) there....

Maybe those disabled fans choose to sit behind the goal at the ateyo end? One think you can't say is lack of choice or options for disabled fans at Ashton gate. There are areas up high in the landsown or areas lower in dolman or ateyo. Lots of choice. 

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Maybe those disabled fans choose to sit behind the goal at the ateyo end? One think you can't say is lack of choice or options for disabled fans at Ashton gate. There are areas up high in the landsown or areas lower in dolman or ateyo. Lots of choice. 

There is lots of choice for season tickets, but it's very limited for POTD as most sections are sold out and no dry POTD. 

2 hours ago, Tom said:

The area at the front of the Lansdown (south-stand end) looked good, spacious and dry. Was also plenty of room (AKA empty space) there....

I think those seats might depend on the way the wind is blowing.

I think Disabled supporters have some very good seating choices.  I sit in A4 with Joe, right at the top of the Lower Lansdown on the same row as the boxes.  It's a great view, and without gloating, we have our own lift (plus can use the Corporate one too) and two toilets.  There were probably 8 pairs of seats taken last night out of 20 wheelchair and Carer pairs last night.  If anyone wants to see what other areas are like, see Rob in his mobility scooter, chat to him and he's good as gold.

Had I taken Joe to `Villa `Park, we would have had to sit in with the home fans....that's shocking in this day and age.

The Hawthorns, the pitch is raised above ground level, so Joe's view was crap.

Reading, the wheelchair area is behind the Carer seats, so Joe can't see over my head.  In fairness I ended up standing next to him, because it was not a nice atmosphere this season.

Shewsbury, new ground, fantastic view behind goal...and the stewardtakes your food order for half-time and gets it for you.

Coventry Ricoh.  Great view, but the wheelchair platform isn't deep enough for passing room, so everyone has to move if someone needs the toilets.

Emirates - club level - luxury!

So good and bad out there.

Having sat in The Atyeo tin shack, the Williams tin shack, South Stand and now West Stand wheelchair areas, if anyone has any Qs, let me know.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Disabled supporters have some very good seating choices.  I sit in A4 with Joe, right at the top of the Lower Lansdown on the same row as the boxes.  It's a great view, and without gloating, we have our own lift (plus can use the Corporate one too) and two toilets.  There were probably 8 pairs of seats taken last night out of 20 wheelchair and Carer pairs last night.  If anyone wants to see what other areas are like, see Rob in his mobility scooter, chat to him and he's good as gold.

Had I taken Joe to `Villa `Park, we would have had to sit in with the home fans....that's shocking in this day and age.

Reading, the wheelchair area is behind the Carer seats, so Joe can't see over my head.  In fairness I ended up standing next to him, because it was not a nice atmosphere this season.

Shewsbury, new ground, fantastic view behind goal...and the stewardtakes your food order for half-time and gets it for you.

Coventry Ricoh.  Great view, but the wheelchair platform isn't deep enough for passing room, so everyone has to move if someone needs the toilets.

Having sat in The Atyeo tin shack, the Williams tin shack, South Stand and now West Stand wheelchair areas, if anyone has any Qs, let me know.

Maybe I'm being hyper critical then, just seeing those in the Dolman getting drenched I thought maybe the club could do better but I'm not in a position to argue with those that use the facilities 

3 minutes ago, gordie said:

Maybe I'm being hyper critical then, just seeing those in the Dolman getting drenched I thought maybe the club could do better but I'm not in a position to argue with those that use the facilities 

Oskar I know likes to sit near the pitch because he can see better. He doesn't care about getting wet as long as he gets to watch his team :) 

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Milton Keynes last year was very good, but such a soulless place. 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Milton Keynes last year was very good, but such a soulless place. 

Forgot that.  Yes, felt like a smaller Emirates.  They also had flexible seating, so you could have two or three seats next to the wheelchair space, instead of just Carer.  I took my dad and he sat next to us, whereas normally he has to sit somewhere else.  At Ashton Gate, I normally get a standard chair brought into the wheelchair area and he sits on that.

heres my view from Section A4....with a slight camera zoom.

And you'll see Tammy was played onside by the full back who challenged Bailey;s cross.

Archived