IGNORED

Do we have Leaders in the team now?

miketh2nd

Interesting to read in Tomlin's post match interview he comments 'The best thing about the game for me was, out there on the pitch, we had more talkers and organisers' . Tomlin barely dropped back on the Wednesdays game well from what I can recall? So maybe previously this season, his reason for dropping back and trying to do everything was not having confidence in the rest of the team?

I would say that he was referring to Hegeler, Wright ,O Neil (when fit) , now Cotterill and Tomlin? He's not everyone's ideal model of a leader but I believe he does want the best for the team. Just wears his heart on his sleeve , also as he mentions in his interview he puts too much pressure on himself at times. You can't change someones personality but if he keeps working his socks off like Tuesday then he will score and assist plenty more.

We've got more experience in the starting 11 now, very pleased with the acquisition of cotterill to give us that extra bit of experience down the right side. Hopefully this experience will lead to some calmer play in the last 15 minutes of games, something some of our younger players can't handle yet. 

42 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I think Bailey Wright is the stand out "talker" on the pitch from what I see.

Yes and he is just what Flint needs alongside him no offence to Maggnusson we just need experience at this level , though I do feel a bit sorry for Maggs as he hasn't done a lot wrong to be dropped  but its about time we had a settled team and formation. 

Archived