IGNORED

Dave Cotterill's First Interview

Nomad

Probably been posted elsewhere but thought it deserved a thread of it's own. Sure he's not going to say he'd rather be elsewhere but he really seems happy to be back at AG and hoping to keep us up. Comes across really well in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing him get stuck in on Sat.

Great to see Dave back   , I can remember his 20 mins debut as a 16 yr old on a Tuesday night   (cant recall who it was against )  but was taken back with his confiedence  and the way he wanted the ball    and take control of things ,                     Was sorry to see him go onto bigger things  a few years later   ,  I have continued to follow his career ever since  ,,                           he has since reminded me of     dare I say  Michael McINDOE     for the way he wants to take  control of the free kicks corners etc

Interesting that he hints that we have tried to sign him back to the club on a few occasions. You never know how many transfer deals bubble under and eventually fail to go through that we will never hear about.

If he gets on and helps turn this run around, securing championship status for us, its clear his future plans may be a strong motivational factor.

21 minutes ago, maxjak said:

At last…………….an experienced winger who knows how to cross a ball. could prove to be invaluable

A huge piece of the jigsaw to be sure. His experience can only be a good thing for our youngsters too, they have some good players to learn from now so hopefully we will see some progress there. Good move by the club getting him in. I must admit whenever I've seen Cotterill playing for other clubs I had a feeling he would return one day, even if only for a while. 

Archived