IGNORED

What next for DC

Now that the hysteria has died down a little. Started thinking what next for DC. Have to be honest and say that he has done well on limited resources. He obviously has ambition [ unlike the owners, no investment in the squad , having to sell your top player etc etc ].

Suppose he is now really pissed off, and a club with resources and ambition that matches his own comes in for him. Will he be tempted ?

There is no doubt that some clubs out there will be tracking his progress, and the latest shenanigans could well be the straw that broke the CAMELS back.

Got to be honest, really couldn't care what happens to the guy, he brought into the Gash being the next Man City & got all Billy Big Balls with it.

He sadly bought into something that was totally unrealistic & I find all rather funny now, rarely will you find that you get too many offers that are too good to turn down & you tend to have to take them when they come because otherwise things tend to go back to normal & I think this may well be a case of it.

We lost out hoping for more from Maynard, Watford could of bagged about £40m from Ighalo's transfer after 1 decent season & are more than lucky to have got £20m after being poor this season & Scunthorpe should have snapped up the reported £4m on offer for Van Veen from China yesterday (just to name a few) but everyone gets to greedy.

Rovers are at their level & anyone who believes they can take them further are deluded unless they get a proper guy with ridiculous resources and throws it around like they are currently doing in China but why would anyone want to do that at Rovers when there are endless better options out there?!?

He's an arrogant cock of a man but he's done an excellent job there. I actually don't blame him for turning down Leeds, as going off recent history he's bound to have thought that if he lost a couple of games he'd be out of the door.

However you'd suspect that if a bigger club comes calling again, he won't say no this time. 

1 hour ago, 1982 said:

Now that the hysteria has died down a little. Started thinking what next for DC. Have to be honest and say that he has done well on limited resources. He obviously has ambition [ unlike the owners, no investment in the squad , having to sell your top player etc etc ].

Suppose he is now really pissed off, and a club with resources and ambition that matches his own comes in for him. Will he be tempted ?

There is no doubt that some clubs out there will be tracking his progress, and the latest shenanigans could well be the straw that broke the CAMELS back.

I was thinking "who the fuck's DC?"

You should have said Dopey, THEN I would have got it !, 

1 hour ago, 1982 said:

It will make no difference as he would have known the release clause MT had in his resigned contact (whatever it was )  and been aware that if it was met by a club and then MT agreed a contract, that he would leave.Nothing our club could have done - post the reIease clause being met as Taylor was never going to sign another contact.

I guess DC will feel alittle let down by a player he helped make,but little more and will move on. DC loves our club,is a great manager is will continue to do his job at BRFC.

Just now, icegas said:

It will make no difference as he would have known the release clause MT had in his resigned contact (whatever it was )  and been aware that if it was met by a club and then MT agreed a contract, that he would leave.Nothing our club could have done - post the reIease clause being met as Taylor was never going to sign another contact.

I guess DC will feel alittle let down by a player he helped make,but little more and will move on. DC loves our club,is a great manager is will continue to do his job at BRFC.

If that's the case then why was he saying that he wouldn't be going anywhere in January, not even for £10 million? 

Just now, Northern Red said:

If that's the case then why was he saying that he wouldn't be going anywhere in January, not even for £10 million? 

Good point,was wondered this myself earlier,but unless the real figure is release can't really be debated.

35 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If he convinced other teams it'd be 10m+ for him to go then another team might bid say 5m? in hope that'd be enough. Obviously Rovers would bite their arm off for it and never mention the 300k. That's what I imagine anyway, might be wrong.

On 28/01/2017 at 11:26, Septic Peg said:

The latter my friend. But I always call it the non official as I have assumed the role of cup match/friendly match thread creator and @havanatopia creates the official threads for league games.

On 29/01/2017 at 11:59, CotswoldRed said:

I'm afraid when you reached the bit about us fans being to blame I realised it was a joke. 

Edit/mistake

3 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

All is not content, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that one out.

Promises remain empty and I bet he's pissed he didn't go to Leeds when they offered him a small fortune  

Didn't turn out too badly for Monk hey?

1 hour ago, icegas said:

If I was Matty Taylor id feel a little let down by DC giving it the big un to the media saying we ain't selling him for any price.

DC used to be a player himself, he would know this is a footballing decision.

1 hour ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

If he convinced other teams it'd be 10m+ for him to go then another team might bid say 5m? in hope that'd be enough. Obviously Rovers would bite their arm off for it and never mention the 300k. That's what I imagine anyway, might be wrong.

His agent would have touted the release fee and it would be well known  to scouts from the other league clubs. The less paid to the club, the more his client can negotiate.

There are a few clubs in the bottom half of the championship who must now be considering a change of manager. Ipswich is a prime example of somewhere where I think Dopey would do a good job.

I just hope, if he did get a bottom half championship side, he didn't keep them safe at our expense. You can almost imagine the 'agent Dopey' posts now.

He's not necessarily the manager I would want here but you have to respect the work he's done over two years down the road.

What next is midtable mediocrity.  Not that I'm knocking that, chance would be a fine thing here!

He has made himself look a bit of a tit though with his "Taylor'll only go for £10m" thing and then even more so when the Rovers chief exec forced him to make a statement saying that the transfer was "good for the club".

Archived