IGNORED

Who should be Captain ?

Marlborough Red

Wright was captain Saturday too in case you missed it. O'Neil didn't start, neither did Wilbs. Flint for anyone who fancies saying he should be captain, categorically come out and said he doesn't want the armband because it's too much added pressure. Therefore the right man has it, move on. 

Yet another thread started to dig at the manager. 

13 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Wright was captain Saturday too in case you missed it. O'Neil didn't start, neither did Wilbs. Flint for anyone who fancies saying he should be captain, categorically come out and said he doesn't want the armband because it's too much added pressure. Therefore the right man has it, move on. 

Yet another thread started to dig at the manager. 

Yep. It's true, these type of threads designed to eek out negative sentiment against LJ (whilst seeming harmless) that are the worst.

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

It's the Wright option, @Marlborough Red out of the starting line up who would you have chosen? Only potential option there seems to be Hegeler.

• Giefer
  • Little
  • Flint
  • Wright
  • Golbourne
  • Hegeler
  • Brownhill
  • Tomlin
  • Bryan
  • O'Dowda
  • Abraham

Tomlin? Not that Wright did a lot wrong captaincy wise last night.

It could be good for Tommo to make him captain TBH.

29 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Surprised to see yet another Captain last night. Have never known so many different Captain's in one season.

Seems that LJ doesn't know who should be Captain never mind his best Team?

Pathetic

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Tomlin isn't the right fit for a captain, while he exudes passion he mouths off constantly, and can go missing in games if things aren't going his way, not what you're looking for in a captain. He's similar to Flint in that his performances can inspire those around him, having the captaincy probably isn't the best move.

Just now, hodge said:

Tomlin isn't the right fit for a captain, while he exudes passion he mouths off constantly, and can go missing in games if things aren't going his way, not what you're looking for in a captain. He's similar to Flint in that his performances can inspire those around him, having the captaincy probably isn't the best move.

I don't disagree but wondered if the additional responsibility might curb his 'enthusiasm'?

24 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Tomlin isn't a good suggestion. He's far too volatile to be in that position.

I can see the argument that the extra responsibility might empower him and make him act with more maturity but for me it's too much of a risk. Could horribly backfire seeing as he's fallen out with a fair amount of the managers he's worked under.

3 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Surprised to see yet another Captain last night. Have never known so many different Captain's in one season.

Seems that LJ doesn't know who should be Captain never mind his best Team?

No idea. I don't train with them so I have no idea who's the leader in the team.

Going to guesssss... Bailey Wright.

6 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Flint for anyone who fancies saying he should be captain, categorically come out and said he doesn't want the armband because it's too much added pressure.

How is being skipper 'too much added pressure'??!

You gotta call heads or tails at the start then gee up the chaps lots during the next turgid 90+ mins, whilst politely asking the ref to explain certain decisions - things that AF does anyway...have I missed anything?!

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Wilbraham

Wright

Maggers

Bryan

Smith

Giefer

The problem with that list, Monkeh, is that apart from Wright and Giefer, none of them are guarantees to start. Even JB has been in and out of the team for a while.

On Flinty, I would let him concentrate on defending TBH. Look at how he suffered when he tried to do too much previously? He probably is the obvious choice but I would rather he stuck to doing what he's good at and left the captaincy to Wright. LJ must have seen something to give him the armband so early into his City career.

8 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Flint. Flint. Flint. 

No one else for me, and there hasn't been for years. Mr Bristol City for me,  even if he doesn't want it! 

I dont agree. Flint is often too emotional when on the pitch. You need a calming influence with a bit of bite. Therefor I agree with Wright being captain. 

13 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

The problem with that list, Monkeh, is that apart from Wright and Giefer, none of them are guarantees to start. Even JB has been in and out of the team for a while.

On Flinty, I would let him concentrate on defending TBH. Look at how he suffered when he tried to do too much previously? He probably is the obvious choice but I would rather he stuck to doing what he's good at and left the captaincy to Wright. LJ must have seen something to give him the armband so early into his City career.

i don't think flint should be captain, I've been very critical of him lately, (he had a decent game tuesday) but I don't see him as a organizer,

oh and on of our team are guaranteed to start this season has taught us that

If give it to Tomlin, I honestly think it would be the completion of him.

I also think that it's probably the best chance we have of him staying at the end of the season. Players like Tomlin need an arm around their shoulder at times to feel wanted, giving him the captaincy could be just that.

More than happy with Bailey Wright though.

Don't believe we have a leader on or off the pitch at the moment. The video of the Changing rooms and Tunnel showed our players going on and off the pitch with seemingly low adrenalin or enthusiasm.

Find it strange that Wright , a new player was given that responsibility . Would personally love to see Flint accept the additional responsibility as he seems to have the leadership capability ,drive and respect of other players to get things happening on the pitch. This thread was never meant to be another LJ Out opportunity, rather  my view that we have lacked leadership on the field all season and constant changes of captaincy do not help.

Archived