IGNORED

Tammy and Tomlin

formerly known as ivan

Please can we stop the embarrassing love in with these two.

Tomlin was shit and rightfully taken off. His reaction to that was terrible and wouldn't expect to see him starting again anytime soon. Refused to shake hands and walked straight down the tunnel.

As for Tammy, I love him as much as anyone but he isn't untouchable. The reaction from the crowd to LJ taking him off was pathetic. He was wasteful against Shef Wed Tuesday night and missed another sitter in the first half and wasn't playing well so was rightfully taken off. People moaned he was under too much pressure and we need other strikers to take the pressure off. When that happens everyone boos!

As much as I am in the LJ out camp, it was nice for him to be able to put two fingers up to a few with his decision to replace Tammy with the goal scorer!

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, I was going to write a post about this later but will do it now..

Is Tammy really all that? I know he's our top goal scorer and I don't know where we would be without him this season but he's not really that exciting to watch, sure he's a pure poacher and does that brilliantly. But for me when was the last time he had a real good run at a defence and did something useful with it? I know most of the time he's isolated can't do anything but he never seems to really run with the ball, get behind defenders and put one away.

I'm all for players getting subbed off but anyone would struggle when you get long hall after kind ball to chase against 3 defenders with your nearest team mate 49 yards from you. He's never been one to be all over a game but would've scored if given then same chance as Djuric. 

2 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, I was going to write a post about this later but will do it now..

Is Tammy really all that? I know he's our top goal scorer and I don't know where we would be without him this season but he's not really that exciting to watch, sure he's a pure poacher and does that brilliantly. But for me when was the last time he had a real good run at a defence and did something useful with it? I know most of the time he's isolated can't do anything but he never seems to really run with the ball, get behind defenders and put one away.

In answer to your question - yes he is, for the first reason you gave. He's an instinctive finisher and great at getting to the ball first. At his age, to have so many goals at this level, and not having to rely on blistering pace, that's good going.

He is still young, though, so he's not going to dominate every game, especially with the Championship having many experienced, strong defences. We shouldn't have to rely on him, but we should feel lucky to have him for now.

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm all for players getting subbed off but anyone would struggle when you get long hall after kind ball to chase against 3 defenders with your nearest team mate 49 yards from you. He's never been one to be all over a game but would've scored if given then same chance as Djuric. 

I haven't seen the goal yet, so won't say he will have or not. But Tammy has missed several gilt edged chances in recent games.

I wouldn't say with certainty he would have scored from any position.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I haven't seen the goal yet, so won't say he will have or not. But Tammy has missed several gilt edged chances in recent games.

I wouldn't say with certainty he would have scored from any position.

He scored similar against SW in the first half of the year. He'd have put it away. Yet we are somehow at the point where we are questioning our 16 league goal scorer because he doesn't have a 100% goals to shots ratio. Every player misses chances at every level. I don't know where some City fans get their expectations from

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

He scored similar against SW in the first half of the year. He'd have put it away. Yet we are somehow at the point where we are questioning our 16 league goal scorer because he doesn't have a 100% goals to shots ratio. Every player misses chances at every level. I don't know where some City fans get their expectations from

I don't expect him to score every time, but he has missed a bunch of sitters recently.

I'm not questioning his talent, but at the moment with his recent form I do question whether he would have scored with such low confidence.

He could have scored a hat-trick against Brentford and they would all have been goals similar to ones he got earlier in the season. Just because he did it once doesn't mean he will every time.

He could have got a brace on Tuesday but didn't then either. I'm not criticising him for it, that's the way things go.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I don't expect him to score every time, but he has missed a bunch of sitters recently.

I'm not questioning his talent, but at the moment with his recent form I do question whether he would have scored with such low confidence.

He could have scored a hat-trick against Brentford and they would all have been goals similar to ones he got earlier in the season. Just because he did it once doesn't mean he will every time.

He could have got a brace on Tuesday but didn't then either. I'm not criticising him for it, that's the way things go.

I'm just saying we have to live with him missing from time to time and coming in and out of form. It happens to everyone. That same Brentford game, Scott Hogan missed 3-4 sitters and he's up there with TA and got himself a big move to Villa. I'd bet a large sum he'd have put away the same chance as Djuric. Not taking away from Djuric either as he's now effected two games so positively when he's come on. Tammy is a must to play every game and it'll take trying used to having options that can give him a break but I always feel we are more likely to score with him on the pitch. 

Said at the time I thought it was unfair to take Tammy off. His game just doesn't suit playing up top on his own. He had relatively little service today.

I would have given him 10 minutes with Djuric and if he hadn't improved then change him. 

That said, I thought Taylor looked bright - his enthusiasm was great as was his movement. Tammy could learn a lot from watching the runs made by Taylor...admittedly only seen him for the 30 mins but he made the defence move far more than Tammy.

Tammy played up front on his own in the early part of the season and no one complained then because he was scoring on a regular basis and the team were winning.

Djuric has played well in the two games this week when he has come on and I would be inclined to start him in the next match along with Matty Taylor and leave Tammy on the bench. A rest won't do him any harm.

A bit unfair on Tomlin and Tammy,a Striker and a AM who had... well what support, a back four, 2 holding/defenisve  midfield players, and 2 wingers who got forward every now and then...   basically 2 attacking players and a slow moving ponderous out of ideas midfield. Yes we looked better on 60 minutes because we had pretty much 3 upfront, 2 wing backs pushed further forward, with 2 holding/defensive midfielders still.... no shock that you look better attacking when you have players committed to it, and not 2 players (Tammy and Tomlin) who for that first 60 minutes were hung out to dry, in a desperate hope that his subs would win the day - even said pre-match that he thinks his subs would win the game for him. So that's what we have come down to, poor defensive football, hoping that maybe we can grab a goal (at home to the worst team in the division) but never mind if we don't because we most of our eggs are in basket No 2...

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Tbf Tammy ran his legs off today and your post is spot on ish. Subs worked for me today 

Archived