IGNORED

Clubs in the bag?!!

Big Red Rich

Unfortunately still after 18 months this coach does not know how to set up his best players, how to tactically use them from the start of the game and only very occasionally by subbing during. He does not have a clue about managing talented players (Tomlin) and how to motivate them.  This has been showing on the pitch for months now and still things do not get better.  Tuesdays draw and today's win was probably the only thing that has saved his job, everyone on this forum knows my views on his appointment and his management, I never disliked him as a City player, but his appointment was too soon, he should still be learning his trade in the lower leagues and getting his experience there,  not in a Championship club.  My view which I have made known on here for a long time now,  is that he should be replace by Pemberton, who was assistant coach until LJ brought in Holden, is it a coincidence that the start of our bad run coincided with Holdens appointment, I think not.  Earlier in the season when we were getting results was when Pemberton was assistant and LJ would have taken advice from him, now it seems Pemberton is in the background and not listened to anymore.  Like all fans on here I really want him to turn it around for the sake of the club, but my head says that these two last games have just been a lucky lull and if we get four points out of the next four games, I will be amazed.  Sorry Lee, but you have had time and money to put things right and I don't think you can do it, so please Mr Lansdown do the right thing and show him the door, then we will all see the performances improve.  If you don't, then I afraid we will be playing League one football again next season. I really hope I am wrong, but I just cannot see it any differently. I know I will get a lot of flack for this post, but I can only tell it as I see it.

9 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Unfortunately still after 18 months (do you mean it feels like) this coach does not know how to set up his best players, how to tactically use them from the start of the game and only very occasionally by subbing during. He does not have a clue about managing talented players (Tomlin) and how to motivate them.  This has been showing on the pitch for months now and still things do not get better.  Tuesdays draw and today's win was probably the only thing that has saved his job, everyone on this forum knows my views on his appointment and his management, I never disliked him as a City player, but his appointment was too soon, he should still be learning his trade in the lower leagues and getting his experience there,  not in a Championship club.  My view which I have made known on here for a long time now,  is that he should be replace by Pemberton, who was assistant coach until LJ brought in Holden, is it a coincidence that the start of our bad run coincided with Holdens appointment, I think not.  Earlier in the season when we were getting results was when Pemberton was assistant and LJ would have taken advice from him, now it seems Pemberton is in the background and not listened to anymore.  Like all fans on here I really want him to turn it around for the sake of the club, but my head says that these two last games have just been a lucky lull and if we get four points out of the next four games, I will be amazed.  Sorry Lee, but you have had time and money to put things right and I don't think you can do it, so please Mr Lansdown do the right thing and show him the door, then we will all see the performances improve.  If you don't, then I afraid we will be playing League one football again next season. I really hope I am wrong, but I just cannot see it any differently. I know I will get a lot of flack for this post, but I can only tell it as I see it.

TBH  i think you got it spot on, he has to go.

5 hours ago, JHAGa said:

What is wrong with it? He's saying we have alternative options within the squad. Hardly a war-crime.

5 hours ago, GJS said:

Don't understand your problem?

5 hours ago, shelts said:

I'm lost .....

'Clubs in the bag' is the well worn phrase that Gary Johnson used to drop into interviews at regular intervals. At this slightly sensitive time, Lee Johnson can't afford comparisons to his old man's tactical tinkering and managerial cliches. When I heard him say it, I could imagine him immediately regretting it.

10 minutes ago, Xiled said:

'Clubs in the bag' is the well worn phrase that Gary Johnson used to drop into interviews at regular intervals. At this slightly sensitive time, Lee Johnson can't afford comparisons to his old man's tactical tinkering and managerial cliches. When I heard him say it, I could imagine him immediately regretting it.

Can't say I can ever remember hear GJ say that , don't mean he didn't say it, a little scary to pinch cliches off da old man. Not sure why I carry the one iron tbf 

The saying does make sense, yep his dad did use it a far few times.

took my 18yo to the game, after sitting through that, he compared it to Gary J play off season, which was the first season my son watched in earnest, today's performance did not compare well in my sons or my view, just wish we had a few more clubs in the bag who really wanted it like the fans do.....:laugh:

Archived