IGNORED

What was the most important thing today?

allyolly

Ok a low tech poll....

1. 3 points that is all

2. great performance and pick up a point

3. a loss and LJ goes 

Pretty obvious answer in my view.

So let's just get on with being happy we won. We all know what the rest of Feb holds. Can't do anything about how the fixtures fall but we are in a better position now than at 3pm surely and that is what counts  (unless you seriously voted 3 above)  

Looking forward to Derby, Leeds and Newcastle (gutted can't do Villa) cos you never know. 

Being a soft old So and So, the most important thing for me was David Cotterill making a young ball boy feel better by playing one-twos with him (getting a yellow card in the process).  Earlier in the match the young ball boy came into the 'sprinkler-wet' playing surface to kick the ball back, and landed on his arse.  18k supported laughed, and he retreated to his seat looking very embarrassed.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Being a soft old So and So, the most important thing for me was David Cotterill making a young ball boy feel better by playing one-twos with him (getting a yellow card in the process).  Earlier in the match the young ball boy came into the 'sprinkler-wet' playing surface to kick the ball back, and landed on his arse.  18k supported laughed, and he retreated to his seat looking very embarrassed.

The correct answer!

Got a freebie half time tea & cake again thanks to my mates sat nearby.

Other than that, on the pitch, Cotterill's set play delivery is better than we have had for a while, Djuric looks good, while Taylor looks keen and has good pacy movement. Bailey Wright has generally improved our defence and knows how to make a very strong clean tackle.

So not all negative but the signs remain extremely worrying...

The 3 points today was of course very important.  The game itself was shocking

I'm a bit ashamed that I was one of the many who laughed at the ballboy but what a lovely gesture from Cotterill (my MoM) to take a yellow for him.  Strange how Rotherham's time wasting - including the 'injury' break - was perfectly OK though.

What was most important to me personally was that I listened to my daughter's plea/demand to actually go to the match as had made other plans. As part of our pre match ritual we walk past the West stand to see how many away fans we can see.  In a slight change to pre match ritual I bought one of my 50/50s from a girl outside the West Stand instead of from the usual guy.  Didn't hear the 50/50 result announced at half time as was chatting to an old mate so did a quick check of club twitter account last night and was very glad she made me take her.

Archived