IGNORED

Are we staying up

Red Army 75

On today's performance and many that I've witnessed in the last 2 months I'm afraid I can't see us staying up.

Just can't see where we will get 19 more points.

Will be very happy to be proven wrong though and am really hoping that in spite of the poor performance today getting 3 points and that all important 'W' is a catalyst for our confidence.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have a horrible feeling we will finish third from bottom

Totally down to the players attitudes now and whether they have the fortitude to do it themselves

Disjointed, lacking in confidence,no proper game plan until we went gung-ho to get a winner. But after we scored back into defensive mode and only survived because Rotherham are not Cardiff or Reading. If that's the besy we can do, we are going for the drop, without doubt. 

There is only 5 points between us and 13th position, and we have a game in hand over most. I hope (and believe) the worst of our form is now behind us. Honestly, considering we lost 12 out of 13 we are actually in a good position. Plenty of teams not safe yet. I think we will have enough to stay up, but we should never have found ourselves in such a position where it was necessary to ask.

We really will struggle to stay up im affraid. I used to think there were 2 or 3 teams worst than us, now im beginning to think there is only one team worst than us and today proved we aint far off them.what a shame we really have a good enough squad for mid table i think but im affraid Johnson has turned something fairly good into something that looks smashed and broken to pieces

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not as big as the players or coach's efforts

They've had decent backing all season - had little effect in the last few months has it ?

Of course in the whole scheme of things players and management/ coaching staff have a bigger influence. 

But if we are up against say Rotherham, Wigan and Burton our bigger home attendance and potential to make AG a more intimidating place to come could be important. But only if we can be arsed. 

And I agree generally we have had good support so far. 

If there's any section of the club that's putting in a shift it's the fans...plenty of noise  and almost 19k today, including next to no one from Rotherham. That, after the recent run of results, is little short of miraculous. Mind you, I can't imagine many of today's guests will be back in a hurry!

IMO if we do stay up we will have to do so fighting out of the bottom 3. I'm thinking our next four league games will be very tough and are results might see us drop in bottom three. Then we will see what the boys are made off. I'm still thinking that Rotherham , Wigan and burton will go down and we will just stay up.

50 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well thankfully we won today. Which has caused a lot of positive and negative debate. We have 4 really tough away games now . Are we good enough to get points from those games. But ultimately will we stay up . Thoughts

**** knows.

Archived