IGNORED

Giefer's left peg

Numero Uno

Just now, cynic said:

I'd also explain to Flint that passing to his left foot under no pressure whatsoever isn't a good idea.

Not sure that it would make a difference but you have to try.

It was noticeable that every pass afterwards was to his right foot. On the plus side he was positive on the crosses today.

Just now, RedDave said:

Do you honestly think he doesn't practice it?!

No I don't honestly think that.....he just needs to keep on practising it because he looks like a nervous kid when the ball is on his left foot!! He even tried to run round the ball to kick it on his right and upon realising he couldn't just shanked it with his left instead.

At least he can catch a cross though.

9 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Must take some getting used to, Fielding and O'Donnell were both lefties, remember the defence putting Lucic under pressure by passing to his left as well

When has Fielding been left footed?  Yes, he can use his left adequately enough for his wrong foot, but he is right footed. Have you got him as left on FM?

The pass in question from Flint today was not to his left foot (to start with), but he let it run across him and made it more difficult.  He could've taken it earlier on his right.

Giefer's left leg is ok for supporting his weight, but that's about it. Clearly he is a goalkeeper who wants to play the ball on the floor but is terribly one footed.

I do recall the NTTDS picture earlier this week, of the goalie's written message to the rest of the team, which in the absence of the defenders actually practicing with the keeper, would still seem to be our best option!

Archived