IGNORED

Difference between Fulham game and present

gavlin

When I saw how he set the side up yesterday it was definitely to save his job with one up front against a side that leaks goal like the a sieve. Then for him to say in an interview after the match that he told Steve Lansdown that the subs could win it shows how his tactics have altered during this season. At the start City closed down space further up the field and cause other teams to make mistakes which then led to scoring chances i.e. Fulham match. Since being physically turned over at Cardiff, City are letting teams come deeper towards our goal before trying to break up there attacks and towards the end alarming nearer our goal as the late goals from Reading and Cardiff at home. What I see now is a side set up in the first half to soak up pressure and tire out opposing sides but it doesn't work as we leak goals. Then second half once the pace of game drops then exploit this to create chances with substitutions, trouble is were behind and chasing the game and lately we recover get an equaliser and then revert back to the first half tactic drop deeper  and get sucker punched by a late goal. 

For once could we see an attacking first half display and playing higher up the field. it may shock some of these top sides we are going to play because if we don't I can see a drubbing coming our way. 

Archived