IGNORED

Man Utd tickets...

BS4 on Tour...

Man Utd and their fans are subject to constant criticism across the footballing world but they've just announced they are freezing their adult season ticket prices for the sixth consecutive year, with the cheapest being less than a tenner more than I paid for my Lansdown Stand ST for this season.

Also, they've abolished their booking fees, cut EFL Cup ticket prices by 25% and reduced U16s season ticket prices by 50%.

They are one club that could pretty much guarantee a sellout for every home game, so this announcement is admirable in my view. It shows they aren't complacent and are thinking of their fans in the current climate.

I don't underestimate any of those measures, after all, OTIB went berserk when a £1 booking fee was imposed at BCFC...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Man Utd and their fans are subject to constant criticism across the footballing world but they've just announced they are freezing their adult season ticket prices for the sixth consecutive year, with the cheapest being less than a tenner more than I paid for my Lansdown Stand ST for this season.

Also, they've abolished their booking fees, cut EFL Cup ticket prices by 25% and reduced U16s season ticket prices by 50%.

They are one club that could pretty much guarantee a sellout for every home game, so this announcement is admirable in my view. It shows they aren't complacent and are thinking of their fans in the current climate.

I don't underestimate any of those measures, after all, OTIB went berserk when a £1 booking fee was imposed at BCFC...

I thought it was a guaranteed sell out because if you have a season ticket and don't buy cup tickets they take your seat off you for a league game you do want to see, so they can sell it on to a day tripper for an inflated price?

Or is that a different club?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought it was a guaranteed sell out because if you have a season ticket and don't buy cup tickets they take your seat off you for a league game you do want to see, so they can sell it on to a day tripper for an inflated price?

Or is that a different club?

That's arsenal,

anyway they can afford it, they can also afford to let every fan in for free and it would have minimal effect on their turnover,

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Being the richest club in the world helps. 75k and still little atmosphere the away support put them to shame.

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That's arsenal,

anyway they can afford it, they can also afford to let every fan in for free and it would have minimal effect on their turnover,

Turns out Utd are still spanners with ticketing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-ban-season-ticket-holder-fan-unwell-ill-hull-city-a7349666.html

49 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That's arsenal,

This, the fans contrary to belief and especially in the premier league certainly do not pay the wages anymore!!!

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Yes they are in a privileged position of being the mega richest but they don't have to make it cheaper for the fans, they could milk it. It makes our club and its prices look pretty shit  

I don't agree. We are struggling (along with most others) to compete financially and our season ticket prices are reasonable. Kids prices are excellent. 

We never could, can, or will compete with Man Utd etc. 

Its actually quite a ludicrous stick to try and beat our club with (we are better than most).

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't agree. We are struggling (along with most others) to compete financially and our season ticket prices are reasonable. Kids prices are excellent. 

We never could, can, or will compete with Man Utd etc. 

Its actually quite a ludicrous stick to try and beat our club with (we are better than most).

Thank you for disagreeing. We ain't bad...we could be better 

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

Thank you for disagreeing. We ain't bad...we could be better 

We need our turnover as high as possible to compete better in this division, despite this the prices are decent.

Utd could let everyone in free for a whole season and their accountant wouldn't bat an eyelid.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

We need our turnover as high as possible to compete better in this division, despite the the prices are decent.

Utd could let everyone in free for a whole season and their accountant wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Different ball park. Same game. 

You can become a member for £40(?) and then enter in to a lottery for tickets to a home game. How big a chance to "win" a ticket there is they will not tell you however. Utrumps v Cheltskiputins could be a fair Sunday complement to Blackburn v City but they can't stand up for the odds of getting tickets so we will stick northeast til City away. Hopefully Sunderland v WH or Middl v Arsenal on the Sunday. Move it Sky.

11 minutes ago, shelts said:

Different ball park. Same game. 

You're missing the point.

Reducing prices for Utd makes no difference to them. 

Reducing prices for us means adjusting our budgets accordingly.

Man Utd will get more money as their "prize money" wherever they finish this season, than City will make in several seasons in the Championship.

If the season ended today, Sunderland would get £100m as prize money. I'm sure you don't need me to explain to you the prize money for coming 6th is more than the prize money for finishing last.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Man Utd will get more money as their "prize money" wherever they finish this season, than City will make in several seasons in the Championship.

If the season ended today, Sunderland would get £100m as prize money. I'm sure you don't need me to explain to you the prize money for coming 6th is more than the prize money for finishing last.

Thank you for pointing out I have missed the point . I think you have missed my point about your point 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

You appear to be assuming that cheaper tickets = less money for the club. That's not necessarily the case. It could be that the most profitable price point is with lower prices.

That said, given our healthy attendances this season I suspect the club has got it about right.

I absolutely agree that United and City aren't comparable though.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You appear to be assuming that cheaper tickets = less money for the club. That's not necessarily the case. It could be that the most profitable price point is with lower prices.

That said, given our healthy attendances this season I suspect the club has got it about right.

I absolutely agree that United and City aren't comparable though.

I know it isn't as cut and dry as cheaper tickets = less money, but there is a cut off point for that where it becomes the case.

I think our club got prices spot on in some brackets, maybe even a little cheaper than many would have been prepared to pay, while other areas are perhaps a little high

I'd imagine if you were to make a graph of prices to income you'd form a curve, the clubs need to get as close to the peak as that as they can. Too high and they will lose money from potential customers, too low and they will lose out.

Archived