IGNORED

Leicester v Derby

Major Isewater

This season truly marks the end of the glory of the FA Cup.  The modern managers and players are simply too interested in money , and not in tradition.  Very interesting, and to this point, discussion by the panel on bbc1 before the match tonight.

Glad City reached the final when it meant something to manager and players as well as us fans

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

This season truly marks the end of the glory of the FA Cup.  The modern managers and players are simply too interested in money , and not in tradition.  Very interesting, and to this point, discussion by the panel on bbc1 before the match tonight.

Glad City reached the final when it meant something to manager and players as well as us fans

1909? 

I bet there were fans there who were at the Charge of the Light Brigade and the players got a free pack of Woodbines.

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Something needs to be done about this . Interesting Sky or ITV haven't gt Cup tights. I bet the advertising sponsors wouldn't like it, THEN the FA would act !

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

1909? 

I bet there were fans there who were at the Charge of the Light Brigade and the players got a free pack of Woodbines.

Well I knew fans who went, and it is still a very present event in my mind because half a century on those fans could remember the game almost kick by kick, and shared their enthusiasm with me. And after all we haven't managed to equal this success in over 100 years, and they may have smoked Woodbines and some fans could remember The Crimean War, but they achieved something which our current highly paid lot, BS and its spin doctors, LJ's drones, and all the rest of the present sad nonsense never look like emulating.  Perhaps if today's lot put heart and soul into wearing the red shirt of City and fought in every game they might get somewhere, instead, poor dears, of having to be rested if they are asked to play two 90 minutes in one week - bless them!  

1 minute ago, ciderbeans said:

Derby are going to get anya to target little heavily when we play them. Will be our week point. He's very quick and skilful. May have to double up on him

I think we give Little too much stick at times. Hes been good in one on ones recently. I don't worry too much Anya dribbling at him(Anya may not even be playing). The problem is when his man doesn't have the ball I worry about. That and when Little has to decide whether to cross or take his man on. Both will most likely result in a goal kick. Anyway, I think Little can handle the quickness and skill. That said, Matthews has had a week and a half of training now so maybe he's ready to go again. 

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Well I knew fans who went, and it is still a very present event in my mind because half a century on those fans could remember the game almost kick by kick, and shared their enthusiasm with me. And after all we haven't managed to equal this success in over 100 years, and they may have smoked Woodbines and some fans could remember The Crimean War, but they achieved something which our current highly paid lot, BS and its spin doctors, LJ's drones, and all the rest of the present sad nonsense never look like emulating.  Perhaps if today's lot put heart and soul into wearing the red shirt of City and fought in every game they might get somewhere, instead, poor dears, of having to be rested if they are asked to play two 90 minutes in one week - bless them!  

But the teams we play are also a bunch of poor dears, so it should level out. 

Is it just me or does anyone else get pi**ed with how patronising Gary and his pals are on these bbc cup programmes? Yes it's a poor game but every time they come on they obviously think they have better things to do. Were all the games they played in all that brilliant? I hazard a guess they would treat the so-called star teams with a little more respect! I don't even like to think what they're getting paid for their "footballing" insights!

9 minutes ago, Midred said:

Is it just me or does anyone else get pi**ed with how patronising Gary and his pals are on these bbc cup programmes? Yes it's a poor game but every time they come on they obviously think they have better things to do. Were all the games they played in all that brilliant? I hazard a guess they would treat the so-called star teams with a little more respect! I don't even like to think what they're getting paid for their "footballing" insights!

What I get pissed off about is GL and his Lester love-in, every ****** MOTD !   Yes we get it ,you're a LC fan, give it a rest FFS !

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

1909? 

"Killed and missing.Wounded.

9  Officers  12

14  Sergeants  9

4  Trumpeters  3

129   Rank and file  98

156  Total  122

278 casualties;

but they rode into the valley of death please do not forget until you have no choice

Archived