IGNORED

7 wins needed?

Time for some stato-action.

With our season-so-far form (not our current shit one), we will end up on 49 points. Well dodgy ground, Rotherham aside.

We will likely need 55-ish. That's another 24 points from the remaining 17 games.

Not wishing to worry anyone, but 9 of those are away games - and we are shit away from the Gate.

If we are to get to the magic 55 from 17 games we will likely need at least 6 wins, probably 7.

How?

:dunno:

Possible home wins:-

Fulham

Burton

Wolves

QPR

Birmingham.

Where do we get 2 away wins from??

Wigan?

Blackburn?

Both will be fighting like hell, especially at home.

We will also need a minimum of three draws to get up to 55.

:badmood:

tfj

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

One point more than the club in 22nd place should do it.

Or around 47 points probably.

But that means we only need 16 more points, or 4 wins and 4 draws, out of 17 games. Which seems quite attainable.

So in that case how can we justify yet another thread about how worried we are, listing all our remaining features and approaching them with the same confidence as if each one required us to play Bayern Munich and Barcelona simultaneously on the surface of the sun?

56 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

With our season-so-far form (not our current shit one), we will end up on 49 points. Well dodgy ground, Rotherham aside.

We will likely need 55-ish. That's another 24 points from the remaining 17 games.

Not wishing to worry anyone, but 9 of those are away games - and we are shit away from the Gate.

If we are to get to the magic 55 from 17 games we will likely need at least 6 wins, probably 7.

How?

Fulham

Burton

Wolves

QPR

Birmingham.

Wigan?

Blackburn?

tfj

When you say "time for some statto-action", do you actually mean "time for some baseless speculation accompanied by hand wringing and moaning about things that have yet to pass and I can't possibly predict"?

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

When you say "time for some statto-action", do you actually mean "time for some baseless speculation accompanied by hand wringing and moaning about things that have yet to pass and I can't possibly predict"?

I assume your attitude is the same to every 'guess the score' thread, for every City game?

Being concerned for your club is not baseless speculation.

We have poor form, and more away games than at home.

The reason we all love football is for the VERY reason it is so unpredictable!

:punish:

Jes'.

tfj

6 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I assume your attitude is the same to every 'guess the score' thread, for every City game?

Being concerned for your club is not baseless speculation.

We have poor form, and more away games than at home.

The reason we all love football is for the VERY reason it is so unpredictable!

:punish:

Jes'.

tfj

Well it is actually, I can't remember ever 'guessing' on one of them!

Your OP is just guessing on top of guessing for guessings sake. We have no idea how many points we'll need to be safe (it'll be a damn sight less than 55 though I'd add) and we have no idea what the relative form of different teams will be next week, let alone next month. By the time we get to the Birmingham match we could be on a tear, they could be on a tear, both teams could be god awful. Stop stressing about it and enjoy (or rather despise) the ride, because none of us know how this season is going to turn out

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Well it is actually, I can't remember ever 'guessing' on one of them!

Your OP is just guessing on top of guessing for guessings sake. We have no idea how many points we'll need to be safe (it'll be a damn sight less than 55 though I'd add) and we have no idea what the relative form of different teams will be next week, let alone next month. By the time we get to the Birmingham match we could be on a tear, they could be on a tear, both teams could be god awful. Stop stressing about it and enjoy (or rather despise) the ride, because none of us know how this season is going to turn out

Stop speculatively guessing how many points we need (a damn sight less than 55).

You are as bad and wicked a speculator as me.

Hang your head in shame.

I hope you don't own any shares, you bad lad!!

:10_1_108:

tfj

11 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Stop speculatively guessing how many points we need (a damn sight less than 55).

You are as bad and wicked a speculator as me.

Hang your head in shame.

I hope you don't own any shares, you bad lad!!

:10_1_108:

tfj

My share portfolio is carefully managed by my financial advisor. Last time I heard he was sinking it all into Slaves and Cotton. Anyone know how that's going? 

3 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

How?

Fulham

Burton

Wolves

QPR

Birmingham.

Wigan?

Blackburn?

tfj

45 points will be enough.

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

My share portfolio is carefully managed by my financial advisor. Last time I heard he was sinking it all into Slaves and Cotton. Anyone know how that's going? 

If you want a share tip.....Ive heard there is an up and coming company called Betamax....foolproof bet apparently

34 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

This season I think low 40's will be enough this season, previous seasons listed.

2014/15 42
2013/14 45
2012/13 55
2011/12 49
2010/11 43
2009/10 48
2008/09 47
2007/08 53
2006/07 47
2005/06 43
AVERAGE 47.2

Great!

Lets concede the remaining games once we have 47.3 points.

:blink:

tfj

I think we'll be okay, but for the record; think we'll need at least 50 to be sure.

Below is the table at a similar time last year (29 games for us); indicates teams in the bottom six/eight are doing better than this time last year in terms of point hauls.

Really could do with one of Burton, Wigan or Blackburn losing form, because we don't want to end up like MK Dons did last year, who were in a similar position to ourselves at this time.

Games against Burton and Wigan in March look utterly crucial.

IMG_3034.PNG

19 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

How?

Fulham

Burton

Wolves

QPR

Birmingham.

Wigan?

Blackburn?

tfj

I can see us winning at derby

5 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

If we do and lets face it ..... its a big if. Then it would be massive in the context of the season. We've all been worried about the run of away games coming up and now the Fulham game has also been chucked in the mix. After this month, March looks not too bad and after this run of games we will have more home than away games left. A positive result on tomorrow even a point, would be great. I don't even care if its as dire as the Rotherham game but the same result will do nicely.

10 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Hope so.

Derby home record this season: W 7; D 4; L 3    Scored 15 Conceded 7

City away record this season:     W 2; D 2; L 10  Scored 18 Conceded 23.

:noexp:

tfj

Had a little look at the fixtures up to the international break.  Took all of the bottom half and plotted the league position of the opposition and whether home or away.  The higher the average position number the better it is.

It doesn't make great reading.

We play an average of 10th place over the next 9 games.

Blackburn play average 14th, Wigan 16th and Burton 12th

That suggests that our 3 point advantage is going to be needed, plus our game in hand and decent goal difference may also be crucial.  I don't subscribe to 'we only lost by a goal" brigade, but it might be the equivalent of a point...who knows.

It also suggests that the weeks after the break including Easter might be defining.

Of course all of this is unpredictable, and much may be determined in the head to heads, the 6 pointers. 

I think we will need to get something out of the 4 away games coming up and certainly see improved home form.

IMG_0867.PNG

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Hope so.

Derby home record this season: W 7; D 4; L 3    Scored 15 Conceded 7

City away record this season:     W 2; D 2; L 10  Scored 18 Conceded 23.

:noexp:

tfj

Very interesting. To score 18 v conceding 23 and pick up 8 points out of 42 suggests we have been EXTREMELY unlucky on the road. 

Won't need anywhere near 55. 50 max I reckon and likely closer to 45 probable.

We need to get beat Fulham home and pick up 2 or 3 points in these tough away games.

Then we have a chance to move clear with some winnable games - the ones against the likes of Burton, Wigan and Blackburn will be key.

Archived