IGNORED

Government remain unconvinced by safe standing.

JHAGa

• SC&T Board Members
7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If Brentford have done all they can and work on the new stadium is well underway, then I'd fully expect them to get special dispensation. 

Now aren't people/the authorities missing a trick here..?

Terracing is not safe (in their eyes) they aren't sure about safe standing adding any real benefit. So, why not use Brentford's terraced areas as a full scale trial for a couple of seasons. Ala Celtic, with special dispensation as a trial site..?

Cost could be covered by every club wishing to install safe standing at their own grounds. Wouldn't be a lot to any individual club, assuming most are keen on the idea and willing to invest in the trial site. 

We have looked at that, but for various reasons it hasn't come off... yet.

However, Brentford as a club are fully up to speed on rail seating and major champions of it, so if that option arises, they will seize it.

Personally, I am not sure that there is any requirement for a further 'trial site' of rail seating in the UK. All the relevant authorities (government civil servants included) have been up to Celtic and studied what has been done there.

Govt has said they want a united approach on this issue from the EPL, EFL and FA. So that is all we are now waiting for.

The EFL and FA are in the bag and the EPL is now finally discussing the issue (with many of their big clubs extremely keen), so it is very conceivable that such a three-pronged approach will be made this summer.

13 hours ago, iamsober said:

what some fans want not what fans want! Bit presumptive of you

What a weird attitude to have. You don't want to stand, which I fully understand as I don't either but why on earth would you have an issue with another part of the ground being made safe standing for those that do?

As somebody who prefers to sit at football I'm 100% behind a safe standing section for several reasons, one being it would hopefully end the I want to stand and **** whoever's behind me situation that we currently get. 

Separate the 2 and everyone knows where they stand (See what I did there:blink:

I maybe wrong but I suspect it goes something like this- the big picture, the general issue:

• In an all-seater, police can reach people more easily to have words/eject- imagine that on a packed terrace!
  • In an all-seater, people are FAR easier to pick out in CCTV/put the cameras on- both live and retrospectively.
  • In an all-seater seats are numbered and a hefty percentage are season ticket holders- so easy to match up on database to identify and warn/ban.
  • Easier to get into the crowd and eject rather than battling through a packed terrace- on all counts.

That is why we have, and will continue to have all-seaters I think. The short yet overall answer. The End,

11 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Brentford are currently playing their 3rd season at tier 2 level, so technically should have to go all-seater this summer (assuming they stay in the division or get promoted). They are some way off moving to their new ground. I'm not sure that construction has even begun yet. So, like Cardiff did, they will no doubt seek to gain special dispensation to continue playing in the Championship with terraces until the new ground is finished. They may or may not get that. I think Cardiff got a two-year extension, but construction of their ground was further advanced at the time they applied for this than is the case at Brentford.

Burton are only playing their first year at tier 2, so would have to stay up and play two further seasons at this level before the all-seater rule applied to them.

The rule has never been tested by a club failing to go all-seater when it is supposed to, but the consequence woud be that the Sports Ground Safety Authority would not give the ground a licence. The short-term solution for a club in that situation would, I guess, be to agree to make their terraces out of bounds and only use their seated stands. If they did that, i guess they would get the licence, as the law says that a ground subject to the standing restrictions must "provide seated accommodation only". It doesn't say the whole ground has to have seats. So, as long as the only accommodation being provided to spectators was seats, they ought to get their licence.

Just as a matter of interest if Burton were to go down after, say, two seasons and then come back up at the first attempt would they still only get one more season allowed or a brand new three year grace period?

• SC&T Board Members
2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just as a matter of interest if Burton were to go down after, say, two seasons and then come back up at the first attempt would they still only get one more season allowed or a brand new three year grace period?

The three-year total is an aggregate. So, in your scenario Burton would have one more season with terraces and then, if they stayed up and the law hadn't changed by then, they would have to go all-seater.

Scunthorpe and Peterborough both managed to get relegated at the end of their third season in the Championship, but will have to go all-seater the moment they get back to the Championship.

A daft law!

22 hours ago, 054123 said:

It's not worth thinking about anymore. Having just read experts from the government's parliamentary report on the FA and looked into those MPa who passed opinion, there is little hope for the game that I love to attend. Too many MPs who just simply get it wrong.

What the **** do politicians know about watching football ?

**** all I would suggest

Archived