IGNORED

The Official Derby County v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Just now, RumRed said:

I'd have taken the point of course, this game will just play on the players minds, it also shows we should be higher up the table.  I can't see how you can't see the difference?

Of course I can.

But I've been arguing on here about how we've performed well without results for too long to delude myself into thinking anyone will actually take notice of that.

We perform well without a good result and it's time to slag off Johnson

We perform badly and win, it's time to slag off Johnson.

Today we had a "game of two halves" as it were, but picked up a creditable draw and got conned out of the win by the referee, so of course, it's time to slag off Johnson.

Think I might give the forum a break for a while. Not because of you, but I've got enough negative things happening that actually matter that there's no point hanging around somewhere that people choose to put the most negative slant on things that they can.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Full of cliches.  'Lack of guts' 'no belief' 'lack of defensive discipline'.  Football isn't like that.  A lead of 3-0 doesn't guarantee you a victory because there was another team out there, and probably a better one than us.  Fact is we held on for a draw.  

The suggestion that  LJ 'let this happen' is so staggeringly crass and naive that it defies belief.   Are you for real?  Come on, you're gas, aren't you?

Oh and now we come to the standard LJ lovers defence of calling anyone who disagrees 'gas'.  Debate's quite hard when you actually have to defend your position?

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Please explain why it is any different to any other 3-3 draw, apart from in the inevitable sense of disappointment?

You have got to be kidding. No difference in being 3 up or 3 down before getting a draw !!!! 

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Whereas 0-3 to 3-0 would presumably show a fundamental strength?  Look, we're all disappointed, but when Liverpool came back from three down at half time in the Champions League final, I don't remember anyone suggesting it was because Milan were sh*t.

If they were in a relegation fight and just broke their all time loosing run record they would.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Of course I can.

But I've been arguing on here about how we've performed well without results for too long to delude myself into thinking anyone will actually take notice of that.

We perform well without a good result and it's time to slag off Johnson

We perform badly and win, it's time to slag off Johnson.

Today we had a "game of two halves" as it were, but picked up a creditable draw and got conned out of the win by the referee, so of course, it's time to slag off Johnson.

Think I might give the forum a break for a while. Not because of you, but I've got enough negative things happening that actually matter that there's no point hanging around somewhere that people choose to put the most negative slant on things that they can.

Fair enough, good luck with your other stuff and take care.

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 1

Although a draw at Derby is a good result I would have felt much happier had we clawed back to draw rather than see what is becoming the usual capitulation and blind panic that we are used to.

How many times this season has LJ's team thrown away games from winning positions?

I would be interested to know the stats and where we would be in the table had we held on for victory in all of those games?

I'm sorry to say that from a winning position and 3 goals to the good the manager earns his money during the half time team talk and subsequent second half tactics. Where is this talented manager that we are supposed to believe we have in charge?

Happy with the point, but seriously we cannot carry on much longer with this amateur at the helm or we are going down to league one.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

We were 3 - 0 up. We then panicked, conceded 3 goals and drew a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Reading where we were 2 up. We then panicked, conceded 3 goals and lost a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Cardiff where we were the better team and went ahead twice. We then panicked, conceded 2 late goals (so 3 in total ) and lost a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Wednesday back near the start of the season when were 2 - 0 up and then panicked, conceded 3 late goals and lost a game we were comfortably ahead on.

Do you honestly not see why people are upset about it?

Yes, but my point is that when we're in these winning positions the manager can't go on the pitch and hold their hands. It's very easy to blame the manager when there is a lack of game management . Player need to take responsibility for themselves . Are you blaming the manager for the chances we missed second half ? 

Edited by steviestevieneville
Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Yes, but my point is that when we're in these winning positions the manager can't go on the pitch and hold their hands. It's very easy to blame the manager when there is a lack of game management . Player need to take responsibility for themselves . 

The manager gets the credit when a team wins and the blame when the team loses. Sometimes the former is overly-generous and the latter overly-harsh. However now that this has happened four times with different players on the pitch you have to start to think that there is a flaw in the gameplan.

5 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Although a draw at Derby is a good result I would have felt much happier had we clawed back to draw rather than see what is becoming the usual capitulation and blind panic that we are used to.

How many times this season has LJ's team thrown away games from winning positions?

I would be interested to know the stats and where we would be in the table had we held on for victory in all of those games?

I'm sorry to say that from a winning position and 3 goals to the good the manager earns his money during the half time team talk and subsequent second half tactics. Where is this talented manager that we are supposed to believe we have in charge?

Happy with the point, but seriously we cannot carry on much longer with this amateur at the helm or we are going down to league one.

Spot on

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes, but my point is that when we're in these winning positions the manager can't go on the pitch and hold their hands. It's very easy to blame the manager when there is a lack of game management . Player need to take responsibility for themselves . Are you blaming the manager for the chances we missed second half ? 

He buys them , he coaches them , he picks them 

Do you think he plays any part ?

24 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Full of cliches.  'Lack of guts' 'no belief' 'lack of defensive discipline'.  Football isn't like that.  A lead of 3-0 doesn't guarantee you a victory because there was another team out there, and probably a better one than us.  Fact is we held on for a draw.  

The suggestion that  LJ 'let this happen' is so staggeringly crass and naive that it defies belief.   Are you for real?  Come on, you're gas, aren't you?

Oh dear! Another happy clapper living in a fool's paradise where all nasty things are simply smiled away.

I don't believe this team is as bad as results and performances show.  With good leadership and coaching we can get out of this mess.

But while SL can see happy clappers on otib supporting his do nothing policy we are doomed, I,say,doomed

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Like 3

Just seen the goals . Bent has peeled off flint AGAIN for the first. Bryan had let anya run off him AGAIN for the second and imo that was never a pen for the third . So how the **** can LJ be blamed when the same players keep making the same mistakes . You can blame coaching to a degree but when certain players haven't the football intelligence then no amount of coaching will solve it. 

• Like 1

How bad is Blackburn? Only one point in Rotherham. Burton, Wigan, Forest, QPR, We are not alone down there. Villa with all their new players and big money. We have 3-0 in ht and 3-3. More than disapointed. Another one for Derby, katastrof. All and all the other results went our way. But we should had win offcause. Towards Leeds and if we can take one point there its ok. Hope we can defend better there. Score we can.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

How bad is Blackburn? Only one point in Rotherham. Burton, Wigan, Forest, QPR, We are not alone down there. Villa with all their new players and big money. We have 3-0 in ht and 3-3. More than disapointed. Another one for Derby, katastrof. All and all the other results went our way. But we should had win offcause. Towards Leeds and if we can take one point there its ok. Hope we can defend better there. Score we can.

Villa are on an atrocious run; no win in seven, and only five points in advance of us now.

They've not got the easiest run before facing us, so wonder if this might look a slightly easier game when it arrives depending on our respective runs of form.

Edited by samo II

To draw when leading three nil is hard to take, I am bitterly disappointed. I was not at the game but it seems like we played really well (especially in the first half) and could (should) have added to our three goals. 

However, we gained a point away against a team who are doing well, we have gone three games without defeat and have five points from the last nine available.

Today we gained points on two of the teams below us (Burton and Wigan) and the five teams immediately above us all lost, three of these at home, Forest conceded five and had a man sent off and Brentford conceded four.

Had we won today it would have been superb, a draw - despite the circumstances - is still a decent outcome.

Our next opponents lost at home to Cardiff, ended up with ten men and failed to score.

My cup may not be overflowing but it's certainly fuller than many on here.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

Went into a shop with my wife at 3-0 up,wife said "that's going to be a good win",I said "if any team in this division can **** it up it's us".Wish I'd kept my mouth shut.

I had similar thoughts. There was a fleeting sense of hope before the fear set in that we wouldn't be able to protect even a three goal lead. Once they got the goal back there was something inevitable about us not getting the win. By the end I was fully expecting them to get an injury time winner. Thank god they didn't.

I'm trying to feel positive about a point I didn't expect before the game, but the team's mental weakness is a huge concern.