IGNORED

What a ridiculous starting line-up

Luxo Jr.

I said in the week that I'd rather see us lose 7-6 going for it than lose 1-0 whilst playing for a 0-0. 

We cant keep goals out even if we line up 10-0-0 so why not go for it. We've created the most chances of any team in the league and scored more goals than teams in the top six. Why not go for it? We've shown we can create and take chances so let's play to our strengths. 

22 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Sooooo... we constantly start with one up front at home against bottom half teams - including Rotherham. But now is the time to go two up front - away at Derby. Really hope it works but can't fathom any logic in there.

When tammy is uptop on his own he still does alot of closing down/harrying, wins the ball but doesnt have an outlet as he is the furthest up the pitch, hold it up for support, they get back, rinse repeat, now we have taylor as an outlet, best form of defence is attack, when you have the players for it of course and now we do.

2 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Don't get brownhill or little! 

Don't understand what's wrong with Brownhill. And Little is our only viable option - as much as Vyner could be a good option in future, Little does have experience on his side. Of course, this sort of match would be perfect for a fit Adam Matthews...

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Don't understand what's wrong with Brownhill. And Little is our only viable option - as much as Vyner could be a good option in future, Little does have experience on his side. Of course, this sort of match would be perfect for a fit Adam Matthews...

Just don't see what brownhill actually does just I fails to see what he actually brings to the midfield, as for little he may well be our only experience rb but his liabilities still cost us point most games so would rather see zak cyber there . 

3 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Just don't see what brownhill actually does just I fails to see what he actually brings to the midfield, as for little he may well be our only experience rb but his liabilities still cost us point most games so would rather see zak cyber there . 

I think Brownhill does bring a lot to the team, as others have mentioned he's industrious and gets about a lot. I understand you're looking for a midfielder who does a specific job, like a central midfielder that's chiefly defensive, or just creative, but currently I don't think we have any, apart from maybe Smith, who does that. Pack is similar to Brownhill in not having one specific job, Hegeler too.  

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm not so sure about this team away from home. Need an extra body in midfield to stop the likes of Hughes threading it through to the front three. Dont think hegeler covers a lot of ground so not an ideal pair to play against their 3. Excited by Taylor and tammy though, but would rather see it at home

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

5 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

This was one of the problems that our fans had with him.

He's one of those midfielders who just does a bit of everything. Some people like that and some don't.

Archived