IGNORED

An open letter to Mark Warburton...

LondonBristolian

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Dear Mr Warburton,

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you and Rangers. However I'd be massively grateful if you could take the earliest available flight from Glasgow to Bristol tomorrow morning. If they have any sense at all then a Mr Lansdown and a Mr Ashton shall be at the arrivals gate, holding a sign with your name on it.

Best wishes,

LondonBristolian 

Dear Mr Warburton,

You have a contract with Glasgow Rangers Football Club, we would be obliged if you would carry this out to the best of your ability for the rest of your time here.

Best regards,

The Board

5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Dear Mr Warburton,

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you and Rangers. However I'd be massively grateful if you could take the earliest available flight from Glasgow to Bristol tomorrow morning. If they have any sense at all then a Mr Lansdown and a Mr Ashton shall be at the arrivals gate, holding a sign with your name on it.

Best wishes,

LondonBristolian 

Sure he will be scanning our forum looking out for this

22 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Dear Mr Warburton,

Best wishes,

LondonBristolian 

Stick to baking bread Mr Warburton, is my message. LJ is our manager…....and will remain our manager. Why would we want a reject manager who can't even manage a Scottish Team?  My Gran could manage in Scotland. Complete and utter pointless tosh.

Has left his last two clubs in less than ideal circumstances, has a rep fro being difficult to work with for players and back room staff/chairman. happy to shop around for better offers while under contract, transfer record is questionable (Rangers fans certainly think so) and is unlikely to want to work with recruitment team we already have (who I would say are doing a great job). Not someone I would want here, though given results I can understand why some people would. 

Surely we should go for one of the two managers who have a team above Warburton's Rangers....Oh well, perhaps not. Better we stick with a manager who has taken us on a three match unbeaten run methinks.

I honestly struggle to grasp the mentality of some posters on here. Do you really think our chairman who didn't sack our manager after an eight match losing run would suddenly part with him after a three match unbeaten run. Get real for gawdsake.

23 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Dear Mr Warburton,

Best wishes,

LondonBristolian 

Mark

With all respect just stay where you are as we need a manager who has been there and done that. No disrespect but Scottish football is of a crap standard and does just not cut the mustard down south as Mr McInness learned very quickly.

Good luck.

36 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Has left his last two clubs in less than ideal circumstances, has a rep fro being difficult to work with for players and back room staff/chairman. happy to shop around for better offers while under contract, transfer record is questionable (Rangers fans certainly think so) and is unlikely to want to work with recruitment team we already have (who I would say are doing a great job). Not someone I would want here, though given results I can understand why some people would. 

And the Guardian reported that a delegation of players went to the Board to complain about him. Oh the irony.:shifty:

3 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

You do know he turned down an approach from West Brom when he was sporting director at Brentford as he "couldn't walk away from what Brentford were trying to achieve" ??

Doesn't suggest he's 'happy to shop around for better offers while under contract' - how do you know this?

How do you know he's 'difficult to work with for players and back room staff/chairman'? 

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Mark

With all respect just stay where you are as we need a manager who has been there and done that...

He got Brentford promoted from league one and then took them to the championship play offs - a similar record to Gary Johnson.

Mark Warburton has been there and done that much more than our current head coach...

41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You do know he turned down an approach from West Brom when he was sporting director at Brentford as he "couldn't walk away from what Brentford were trying to achieve" ??

Doesn't suggest he's 'happy to shop around for better offers while under contract' - how do you know this?

How do you know he's 'difficult to work with for players and back room staff/chairman'? 

"King explained: “The outcome of this meeting was that the agent subsequently offered that Mark, David and Frank would resign with immediate effect without compensation as long as the club, in turn, agreed to waive compensation from any new club that they signed for. 

“After discussion, the board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated. In order for us to achieve our ambitions we need employees that, like your board members, will always put Rangers first.

“While we were dealing with the admin and press releases relating to the resignation the agent again contacted us and asked to defer the resignation until the management had secured a new club.  

“I assume that the new deal had somehow collapsed at the last minute. The board met to consider this request but resolved to hold them to the original agreement.”   Reported by the BBC, and pretty much every major newspaper. This as well as the rumors that circulated when he first got Rangers promoted.

If you look at Rangers fans opinions right now (forums etc.) you will see what they thought about his transfers choices and numerous stories of fall outs. The same if you can be bothered to wade back through Brentford forums.

3 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

"King explained: “The outcome of this meeting was that the agent subsequently offered that Mark, David and Frank would resign with immediate effect without compensation as long as the club, in turn, agreed to waive compensation from any new club that they signed for. 

“After discussion, the board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated. In order for us to achieve our ambitions we need employees that, like your board members, will always put Rangers first.

“While we were dealing with the admin and press releases relating to the resignation the agent again contacted us and asked to defer the resignation until the management had secured a new club.  

“I assume that the new deal had somehow collapsed at the last minute. The board met to consider this request but resolved to hold them to the original agreement.”   Reported by the BBC, and pretty much every major newspaper. This as well as the rumors that circulated when he first got Rangers promoted.

If you look at Rangers fans opinions right now (forums etc.) you will see what they thought about his transfers choices and numerous stories of fall outs. The same if you can be bothered to wade back through Brentford forums.

Fair enough and thanks for the reply - but to say 'look at two clubs' forums' as evidence is a bit fluffy - surely you've noticed from this one that a lot of rumours, speculation and so-called facts turn out to be garbage...

Archived