IGNORED

So how many of you

BS3_RED

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

Were gutted you didnt go at half time but were then delighted you didnt go at full time. I know i was one. 

I would love to have been there today. The anticipation before the game, the adrenaline rush of those three first half goals, the singing during the game, the crushing blow of the equaliser, the faint hope of a late winner, the discussion in the car on the way home...the highs and lows, the peaks and troughs....are what football is all about.

Disappointed not to be able to to go today, excited to be going to Newcastle and Villa, looking forward to celebrating Valentine's night by listening to the Leeds game with the missus on t' radio. Slightly irritated that life seems so centred around Bristol City, though it may be a bit too late to do anything about that now!

Quality away day today, first half was some of the best football we've produced in the Championship that I've ever seen from City. It reminded me much of Middlesbrough away under Cotts..we won that game 1-0. First half we battered 'em and should've been 4-0 up, second half we defended for our lives and just countered..sadly we couldn't replicate the defending of that game today in the second half. 

Been to Derby four times now ( a "home game"  for the Midlands Branch) and it has previously been a Theatre of Disappointment -  no different today! At half time I seriously asked " What are the odds on 3-3? With no Derby goal in the first five minutes of the second half I though we might hang on.  But the first goal  and the way in which the team stopped playing made the result inevitable. But that's what being a City supporter is all about !

1 hour ago, BS3rich said:

Quality away day today, first half was some of the best football we've produced in the Championship that I've ever seen from City. It reminded me much of Middlesbrough away under Cotts..we won that game 1-0. First half we battered 'em and should've been 4-0 up, second half we defended for our lives and just countered..sadly we couldn't replicate the defending of that game today in the second half. 

why did we change what what we were doing, seemed to work first half?

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

why did we change what what we were doing, seemed to work first half?

Good question, we seemed to go back to how we were in the first half for 5 mins after they scored their first but missed a couple of big chances. I don't know if it's a case of LJ telling us to hang back and hold on or not but we just sat real deep from 50-55mins. The subs didn't make much sense to me, Djuric coming on did but maybe for Tammy not Taylor. I'd have liked to have seen Pack come on and maybe put Brownhill to RB to replace Little or possibly even Vyner coming on. Golbourne was having a real good game but he like many others in the team we do tend to hold back and give the opposition space to execute with. Far too many crosses were coming in too easily second half.  

Would be tempted to play the same team as today on Tuesday night but maybe bring in Magnusson at LB & Vyner at RB. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Same here mate,good day,the Johnson in/out debate will continue,all we can do is support the team 

fair play to both of you, it was a shame we did not win, but after going all that way despite the comeback, your day did not end with nothing to show for it

Archived