IGNORED

LJ - the lady isnt for turning

Londoner

The wicked witch might not have been, but i am.....on one condition, you have your players, you have some consistency in results, now lets have dome consistency with formation

The introduction of Taylor has now showed wecan play 2 up top, stick to it....rotherham last 30 or derby yesterday, this is the way forward, stick to it.

I appreciate changes will be needed with games coming up quickly, we have the pegs and the holes....use them wisely.

Im still not convinced but surely you can see the small progress made in recent weeks.

442 earlier in the season spelled disaster due to the reliance on Wilbs and unnatural right sided midfielder, Cotts sorts that perfectly.

Your STARTING to win my confidence back.

After those glorious 60 minutes at Derby it would be absolutely criminal to ditch 4-4-2. I was in the has to go camp but if we can play anything like that in our remaining games we will be fine and fans will all have changed there tune.

I cannot believe there will have been many at Derby who would not be thinking to themselves hang on maybe he should just have a few more games to see if that style of football can be repeated. I turned to my mate at half time and said I cant believe im saying this but that was liquid football (whatever that actually means!). Make no mistake City were THAT good in the first half. 

So yes I think a small chance should be given and lets just pray it wasn't a one-off

7 minutes ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

I think we will play better than we have against Leeds, but it's funny how fans completely disregard our horrible form under LJ whilst defending him by using the form of 60 minutes as evidence.

well, there was the 60 minutes v Rotherham…

57 minutes ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

Not disagreeing with your point, just funny how 16 games means nothing but 2/3rds of one does because we played well.

Exactly. Despite 60 minutes of the best football City have played this season, come the end of the game, we're still making excuses and looking for answers.

We've now dropped 16 points from leading positions this campaign and until the issue of mental fragility is addressed, it'll  keep happening.

Nothing is built to last and spectacular failure is the norm.

16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Exactly. Despite 60 minutes of the best football City have played this season, come the end of the game, we're still making excuses and looking for answers.

We've now dropped 16 points from leading positions this campaign and until the issue of mental fragility is addressed, it'll  keep happening.

Nothing is built to last and spectacular failure is the norm.

How do you suggest addressing mental fragility?

Playing devil's advocate for a second (I'm not an advocate of LJ either), how many points have we recovered from losing positions?  Ultimately it's how the game ends, but it's funny how a draw from defeat (Sheff Wed), seems so much better than a draw from a winning position.  I know Derby was 3 goals up...it is tough to accept that.  We are where we are.  There are no guarantees re safety, nor going down either.  The payers do not appear to be going through the motions either.  Makes it even tougher for the fan to take.

Perhaps the answer is whoever messes up for a conceded goal has to let Tammy borrow their car :P

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How do you suggest addressing mental fragility?

Playing devil's advocate for a second (I'm not an advocate of LJ either), how many points have we recovered from losing positions?  Ultimately it's how the game ends, but it's funny how a draw from defeat (Sheff Wed), seems so much better than a draw from a winning position.  I know Derby was 3 goals up...it is tough to accept that.  We are where we are.  There are no guarantees re safety, nor going down either.  The payers do not appear to be going through the motions either.  Makes it even tougher for the fan to take.

Perhaps the answer is whoever messes up for a conceded goal has to let Tammy borrow their car :P

We've recovered 13 points from losing positions. Although 11 of these were during our first 11 matches, culminating in a 2-1 home win from behind against Forest. 

With regards to mental fragility, all I can suggest is a Sports Psychologist, or hoping the head coach substitutes players that are failing on the pitch.

if you keep repeating the same mistakes you get the same result.

We supposedly have a Sports Psychology.  But agree, we need to find some way to get over the line.  I kinda hoped Wednesday double-comeback and Rotherham shit-one-niller was the hoodoo laid to rest, especially after 45 yesterday.

We don't do things the easy way.

13 hours ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

After those glorious 60 minutes at Derby it would be absolutely criminal to ditch 4-4-2. I was in the has to go camp but if we can play anything like that in our remaining games we will be fine and fans will all have changed there tune.

I cannot believe there will have been many at Derby who would not be thinking to themselves hang on maybe he should just have a few more games to see if that style of football can be repeated. I turned to my mate at half time and said I cant believe im saying this but that was liquid football (whatever that actually means!). Make no mistake City were THAT good in the first half. 

So yes I think a small chance should be given and lets just pray it wasn't a one-off

He says he's not dead yet .

Archived