IGNORED

Peacock - Performance Related Pay

downendcity

Bringing together a couple of threads from the last day or so.

In one, we learn that Peacock chose Wednesday as they offered a basic salary, wheras City offered the same money but conditional on performance.

In another, we learn that Lee has set HIMSELF the target of 20 goals for this season.

My question is, would he have set himself the same target(and announced it so openely) if he had been on performance related pay????

By the way, I happen to think the club bringing an elemement of performance based reward into the new contracts is a good thing. Providing there is a fair balance for both sides between the basic salaries and the performance bonuses, then I'm sure this has to be the way forward. My only worry is what happens if you have 3 forwards on the pitch with bonuses for goals scored. It would be like a rugby scrum everry time the ball comes into the bax, they wpould be figghting with each other to get on the end of every cross and you would probably see money change hands to become the clubs penalty taker - sorry , I forgot, there's no money in that at this club!

Bringing together a couple of threads from the last day or so.

In one, we learn that Peacock chose Wednesday as they offered a basic salary, wheras City offered the same money but conditional on performance.

In another, we learn that Lee has set HIMSELF the target of 20 goals for this season.

My question is,  would he have set himself the same target(and announced it so openely) if he had been on performance related pay????

By the way, I happen to think the club bringing an elemement of performance based reward into the new contracts is a good thing. Providing there is a fair balance for both sides between the basic salaries and the performance bonuses, then I'm sure this has to be the way forward. My only worry is what happens if you have 3 forwards on the pitch with bonuses for goals scored. It would be like a rugby scrum everry time the ball comes into the bax, they wpould be figghting with each other to get on the end of every cross and you would probably see money change hands to become the clubs penalty taker - sorry , I forgot, there's no money in that at this club!

I think they would also base performance around the clubs performance. With a promotion bonus.

Also some players are played assist bonuses and goal bonuses so should be mad keen to score and provide goals. Hopefully this would reduce the fighting each other. Though I would like to see some determination to get onto the end of the ball!

Archived